Xb2003 side compartment holding water

I've already drilled drain holes in my two bucket seats and put four grommets in the bottom of the seat cushion to let water drain out.
    Last weekend we went camping on an island, used the boat. Between my grandson and our dog my boat was covered in clay. When I got home I sprayed it out real good and washed it.
    The passenger side compartment had 2 or 3 gallons of water in it. Put a fan on it to help dry it out and I just checked it and there is probably 1/2 gallon of water still in it. I can feel all the way around the edges and I don't feel anything like a drain hole.
    Are these boats only to be used in fair weather or did allison just forget to put drains in my boat?

2. Member
    My question would be why is water in the compartment to begin with? If water doesn't get in why would you need a drain?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

3. Member
    It's the open compartment on the passenger side of my boat (xb2003), it doesn't have a door. Besides if a compartment has a door or lid and you use the boat in the rain your gonna get water in there.

4. Member
    The water got in there by me washing the boat, if you got soap on the boat and rinse it, water is getting in there.

I never noticed it staying in my old 2003. I know it had water on more than one occasion.

It doesnt drain, mine got filled to the top due to the cover over flowing.

Mine doesn't hold water.

8. Member
    Where it is holding water is basically under the step up for the rear deck. Once that dirty water sits there for a few days it definitely has a sour smell it.

9. Member
    Well I've been Lucky the last couple years about not getting rained on while out on the lake. But, my streak ended sunday night while trying to crappie fish. The rain came down, when I got home I used mini shop van and got about 4 gallons of water out of the side compartment. I really think a drain hole was missed when the boat was put together. I'm going to call the plant tomorrow and see what they say about it.

10. Member
    Well, apparently there is supposed to be a drain hole under the step to the rear deck. Mine was either not cut/drilled out when the boat was put together, or carpet is covering it up, or it is just clogged up. I can't feel any holes in there but I can't reach all the way back. I'm going to have to find a buddy with some long arms to check it for me.

11. Member
    I called the plant, boat is supposed to have a drain under the step up to the rear deck. But, there is no drain, I got to figure out how to cut/drill a hole in there.

I had a similar issue many years ago with a Grand Sport. Two pieces of carpet were butted up against each other in the side compartment bottom edge in the rear. The round pipe edging didnt leave the hole that big once glued down. Years of dirt, boat junk and what not had sealed it up a bit. I got a Philips screw driver and pushed through the hole and it never happened again. I bet this is your issue

13. Member
    I used my go pro and cell phone to look down in the compartment, absolutely nothing that looks like a drain., so I guess I'm back to square one.