Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My 2011 Skeeter ZX200 has been great. Lots of storage with a great layout.

I think the Bass Cat PII is the best all around 19' boat. Great efficiency, excellent livewells(same system as other BCB), low 70s, great ride and easy to maneuver between docks.
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

I love my Z518C. Worth considering.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

Falcon 195 is an excellent option.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

My Z519 feels way bigger than my former 18. Very nice boat in all regards.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    My boy will fish in college and thinking of logistics around that. He can’t afford the fuel for my current rig and who knows what parking options will look like so I’m just think ahead some I guess. Thx

The Caracal is probably my favorite boat on the market too guys but wanted to see similar offerings. The z519 and the trx19 look nice as well and I’m curious to go see a zx200 at a local dealer to see how the build looks compared to my current Puma.
    Skeeter is okay but there is no comparison in quality between it and the bass cat. the bass cat out rates skeeter big time on quality.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I have a basscat caracal. Im biased but I personally think its the best boat for the money. Huge front fishing deck, excellent rough water ride and comfort. you really should take the time to see one and ride in one. It would be worth your search. you are a few hours from me, I would be glad to let you ride around some time.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Triton 19 trx

9. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Another suggesting the Charger 198 Elite. The hull is Champion. Top cap new. Very well built, and the Champion ride is well known.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    Skeeter is okay but there is no comparison in quality between it and the bass cat. the bass cat out rates skeeter big time on quality.
    The above is strickly a biased opinion. No background in making such assertions. "Big time" is a not a quantifiable statement. I would dare to guess, that there is a good comparison between Skeeter and Bass Cat. In "best bass boat" in numerous publications, the Skeeter outranks any Bass Cat. Even one publication had the Nitro Z21 rated 2 spots higher than a Bass Cat Puma. I would consider all major bass boat manufacturers to be very quality conscience these days.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greg88 View Post
    I would have to agree with mactlman the caracal in ride,room storage,and performance is very hard to beat.
    I have one and like it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    The above is strickly a biased opinion. No background in making such assertions. "Big time" is a not a quantifiable statement. I would dare to guess, that there is a good comparison between Skeeter and Bass Cat. In "best bass boat" in numerous publications, the Skeeter outranks any Bass Cat. Even one publication had the Nitro Z21 rated 2 spots higher than a Bass Cat Puma. I would consider all major bass boat manufacturers to be very quality conscience these days.
    They all look good new. Go find some 10 year old, well used boats in the brands you are considering. That will give you a much better idea on how well they are built.

13. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    How do those tin rigs run in big water? The xpress look nice.
    X-19 rides as good or better than most glass boats although that is my opinion
    , it is also very comfortable to fish out of.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

14. Member
    Sorry but no biased answer here. I don’t own either. My experience comes from hours of research and looked over both brands of all models and the skeeters came from the factory missing gel coat in spots and also a couple that the carpet job was done horribly. I have a skeeter dealer right down the road from me and I’m in there all the time looking and seeing the same issues. It’s not all the time but it’s not uncommon either. On basscat I haven’t found one yet out of every dealer I have been to from Lufkin TX to Monroe LA that had an issue that I could physically see. So yes from my experience the quality goes to bass cat. Now that’s not saying that skeeter is a bad boat as I know sometimes things happen and the skeeter performs well. You can get a good one and that’s great if that’s what you like. All I’m saying is the bass cat has had less flaws.

15. Member
    In "best bass boat" in numerous publications, the Skeeter outranks any Bass Cat. Even one publication had the Nitro Z21 rated 2 spots higher than a Bass Cat Puma.
    I tend to be very wary of groups putting out ratings...many seem to be affected by bias or cluelessness.

The same people who didn’t rate Bass Cat highly May be the same people who rated that stupid floating duck “Lure of the year”, or that thought the Yeti Bucket was groundbreaking.

Yes, boat manufacturers have stepped up their game. But if you look, Bass Cat seems universally admired for not only quality, but service after the sale.

In contrast, you can spend a couple of days here just reading about issues Ranger and Skeeter owners have had.

No boat is always perfect, but it’s how the builder responds that’s most important.

16. Member
    Even one publication had the Nitro Z21 rated 2 spots higher than a Bass Cat Puma.
    I believe this was that publication

Attachment-1.jpg
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

17. Member
    I've had a chance to look at a Nitro Z19, Ranger Z519, several models of Tritons, and a Falcon 195. Didn't ride them but can't speak on the ride. The Nitro was a pleasant surprise, fit and finish seemed okay enough. The front deck is very spacious. Not really a fan of the storage. The Ranger Z518 and Z519 were stellar boats. A bit too gaudy for my liking, but fit and finish were excellent and deck space was great as well. Unfortunately, the true 19 footer, the Z519 (Z518 less than 19 feet) was loaded out at over $60k. That's just not enough value for me. The Triton seemed slightly more put together than the Nitros, but I didn't like the storage or the deck spacing. The Falcon 195 was perfect me. Good length, wide deck, minimalistic styling, and decent storage. Also comes with more standard options than the Nitro.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    X-19 rides as good or better than most glass boats although that is my opinion
    , it is also very comfortable to fish out of.
    I agree with the ride and I fish all of the Savanna River lakes. The X19 does seem to feel like a bigger boat and I think the reason for that is it doesn't have all of the bulbous, rounded fiberglass everywhere.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

19. Member
    BassCat Caracal if money is no option. Skeeter ZX225 is a great rig and IMO the best bang for the buck going right now. They are all good but it really comes down to what you want out of the boat. For me, it would be the 2 mentioned.

I'm in the bass cat caracal or charger 198 camp
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast