Favorite livescope color palette?

To my eyes the stock amber has the most detail in low light conditions where its very easy to see.

The blue has benefits also as objects are lit up in red but seems to have much less shape detail. Better for bright conditions.

Ive seen some guys recommend the bright green screen but havent tried it yet.

Whats everybodys favorite?

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I stick with amber it is the most life like

My favorite is blue.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    I like the green but I’ve only used it twice so far.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

5. Member
    I use the blue on PS22, PS30 and LVS32. Easiest for me to see the fish. I do up the color gain also.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Blue for me as well. The red fish really pop

I agree original amber has the most detail. But I use green most of the time in the sun as I can see a ned rig at 65' on green but not amber (our eyes can see green the easiest) just started using blue as a good middle ground but not sold yet. But in appearance there is a color gain separate from sensitivity gain. With green if you back it down to say 40% your details pop out more but a ned at 60' is harder to see. Same with amber at 60% helps pick out the ned better. Messing with this in shallow water or a super hard bottom with show you the draw backs haha. But you will see the benefits
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    That seems pretty good if you can see any lure out to 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I agree original amber has the most detail. But I use green most of the time in the sun as I can see a ned rig at 65' on green but not amber (our eyes can see green the easiest) just started using blue as a good middle ground but not sold yet. But in appearance there is a color gain separate from sensitivity gain. With green if you back it down to say 40% your details pop out more but a ned at 60' is harder to see. Same with amber at 60% helps pick out the ned better. Messing with this in shallow water or a super hard bottom with show you the draw backs haha. But you will see the benefits

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    That seems pretty good if you can see any lure out to 60ft
    I guess I’m using too small of a Ned rig

It doesn't look like anything other than a few pixels wide and several tall. Just like fish out there. Turn the color gain up to 85 and down to 15 to see what that does.

Sometimes you can use 75 color gain with less sensitivity and get a better lure/fish pick up out at range other times it is the exact opposite

i do not use tvg I use medium noise rejection and manual sensitivity. It is nice how when in manual sensitivity it has a +- right on the screen I normally bounce around between 45 and 65 depending on depth, bottom consistency and if there is weeds or wood
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    I would think that you would need TVG off to see your lure at the depths most of you fish.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.