Lake Charlevoix Smallmouth Fishing Report

It's hard to believe that the winds can blow for a entire week straight, but it pretty much did while I was in the Chalevoix area. The mornings were the best shot at getting out. I fished the very south ends of the north and south arms on Charlevoix. The goal I had was to locate some smallmouth and try to get my son-in-law on them when he came up. I did locate some fish, and he caught some decent ones early on a drop shot. Here's how the search and fishing went. This video has the approach I took looking for them, and few pics of my son-in-law with some smallmouth. I didn't want to freak him out with the video camera equipment. Hope you enjoy the video.

I wish your fish were bigger...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

You and me both! lol Few decent ones early than a dink fest. I just wish I could have been able to fish where I wanted too. My son-in-law and I did catch better fish that Friday when we went. Drop shot brought those in. I included some pics in the video of him holding them. It was his first time ever using a drop shot. Never even heard of it before. I didn't bring the video equipment on that Friday. Did't want to freak him out. We had a incredible morning on Walloon that Thursday that I didn't get on film either. Snapped some photos of him holding some nice ones. I have some windy rain out footage from when I prefished earlier in the week. I may try make a video of it. I just have to see if I have enough to make it worth the time.

4. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Nice video Rick, I do like to watch them. We are hoping to head up north sometime in Oct.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by RangerTim619 View Post
    Nice video Rick, I do like to watch them. We are hoping to head up north sometime in Oct.
    Wish you better luck with the wind than I had Tim. Good luck

Nice video and thank you for posting. I plan to be back up there this coming Spring if at all possible.