Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

2. Member
    How does that happen?

3. Member

4. Banned
    That’ll make for a bad day.

2 hours to launch the boat and 3 to get that old GT started. Should be able to make it home in time for supper.

I'm sad to see that kind of thing. I've offered help to new or inexperienced boaters in the past. Some have accepted the help and others were too proud. No one wants something like this to happen yet once upon a time we were all inexperienced and new to boating. Some pick it up faster than others and some not so much. I hope these people were able to salvage the day... or at least get the boat back on the trailer and hope for a better day next time.

7. Banned
    That'll cause a line... Dan

At least they were considerate enough to leave room on the left side for others to launch. Don't see that much anymore.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

9. Member
    What a way to start your Day, I hope nobody goy hurt.

10. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Can’t have the fat girls sitting on the same side

11. Member
    Wow, never saw anything like that. Maybe they had loaded it wrong and was pulling out and wham.
    Praying for a Cure

12. Member
    Can't put my finger on it, but something does not look right.

13. Member
    I have heard that is a risk of that stlye of pontoon trailer. The boat does not sit on bunks, rather must be centered in the middle of the trailer. . If not centered the boat can lean to one side, and possible fall over (that is what i was told when looking for a pontoon trailer).

Quote Originally Posted by 196 Bobby View Post
    I'm sad to see that kind of thing. I've offered help to new or inexperienced boaters in the past. Some have accepted the help and others were too proud. No one wants something like this to happen yet once upon a time we were all inexperienced and new to boating. Some pick it up faster than others and some not so much. I hope these people were able to salvage the day... or at least get the boat back on the trailer and hope for a better day next time.
    never BTDT but had my fair share of mishaps,

but share you sentiments completely
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

15. Member
    I feel bad for anyone who has something like that happen but I would really like to know how in the world it happened.

16. Banned
    Perhaps the guy with his hand on his hips could help

17. Member
    looks like it was full of people when it tipped over?

18. T Dub
    I’m wondering if maybe the nose was still hooked and as it drifted sideways they tried to pull the truck up.....

Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    I’m wondering if maybe the nose was still hooked and as it drifted sideways they tried to pull the truck up.....
    with the position of the truck and trailer looks like that might be the case, those center support trailers are a "weak link" in my book, seen a few on there sides from taking a corner too fast
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 196 Bobby View Post
    The first time I launched I needed help both launching and retrieving and yes I was holding up the line. I did ask for it and the people who helped me were great about it.
    Then I went into a parking lot and practiced putting the boat between the lines over and over until I could do it on my own. If those guys hadn’t helped me I’d probably still be out there jackknifing my trailer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast