Any former Cat owners who have moved into Bugs?

Contemplating the move to a Bug from my Puma. I’ve run Cats for a while now, tried a few others but came back to Cat. Thinking next time I might wanna try a Skeeter. Thinking a zz225. Thought on the quality difference, features etc etc. I’m not a go fast guy. I just like my stuff to work and hold up. Thx

2. Wren
    I went from an older Ranger 488 to a Skeeter ZX225 in 2018, love the boat good ride and it still is pretty fast. 72 to 74 depending and setup (I have dual blades). No issues with the boat so far.

3. Member
    I have had 2 cats and 2 bugs... love all 4 of them for at the time.

Cat Eyra and a Caracal... Wen to FX's each time

Quality is about the same.. both had options and features I thought I wanted at the time.
    Currently in 18 FX20LE.. but thinking of pulling trigger on FXR!!

To me.. it not just about the boat.. it is the dealer for which you buy through... and my Skeeter dealer took very care of me... the few times I have needed them. TO me.. that makes it all worth it..

mo

4. Member
    I went from a 1995 ranger 488vs to an 09 BassCat Puma FTD and then to a 09 Skeeter 21i.
    If I had to do it all over again I would have kept the ranger but that isn't the question.
    Between the 2 (Puma-Iclass) I would do the Skeeter again without hesitation.
    When I can drive a 21' at 74-75 w/ 1 hand without a bunch of, trim this, raise or lower that, etc. etc., I chose that ever time. I don't miss the cat but I miss the bug almost daily.
    your results may vary.

5. Member
    Thx guys!

6. Member
    went from a BC to a FX21 and don't regret the decision one bit. The added room up front, holeshot and being able to drive it with 1 hand are enough reasons.

7. Member
    I went the other way...lol.. I went Nitro, to Triton, to Skeeter now to Bass Cat. I wont say anything negative about the Triton or Skeeter. Both were good boats. I absolutely love my Bass Cat. I will not comment about the Nitro..lol.
    Brad Krone

8. Member
    Went the other way as well.
    I had a 2014 ZX20 Skeeter and traded it for a 2016 BassCat Puma.
    I know there are good and bad in all brands, but the Skeeter was the worst boat I even owned. Fit and finish was awful.
    BassCat is very well made in all respects.