Thread: 5 to 7ft.

5 to 7ft.

That was National Weather Services wave report today on Champlain. Had day 1 of a two day tournament in 20 to 35mph winds with gusts up to 40. Stayed south of the bridge to have less wind. We were out of the bridge. Even south some open stretches had solid 3s. Falcon 205 never flinched. Maybe two hard hits all day. Passed other boats comfortably and would watch the pounding some other brands would give there riders. If I had a rough water complaint it would be the soft engine mounts on the new 250 4S, motor really bounces a lot. The boat is really a superb rough water ride though. Nice job Falcon!

glad you tested it out before I get over there next week...LOL A little chop will be good enough for me, I’ll take your word on the rough water ride!

3. Member
    Had a tourney on Erie on sunday....SW wind 10-15.....solid 2's and 3s all day.....going with them I dont think it matters what boat you have it stinks! Coming into them it was a lot better and once I was able to angle into them it was a breeze....got right on top of them and cruised around 40mph with no issues. Definitely a solid built boat.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

4. Member
    Rocket, you better hope it isn't blowing like that when you get here!