Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

360 or livescope whats your opinion

not sure what to go with . thinking of a helix 9 and 360 or a garmin 93 and livescope please help with pros and cons

On the bow I run Livescope only on a 9" Garmin and 2d/di/si on a separate Helix 10 Mega.

Not sure I could live without either

Never tried 360 and it doesn't interest me

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    On the bow I run Livescope only on a 9" Garmin and 2d/di/si on a separate Helix 10 Mega.

Not sure I could live without either

Never tried 360 and it doesn't interest me
    MonteSS, I’m curious on your battery set up on your boat. I presume you’re running 2 units on the bow and one at the helm. Will a 4 battery setup ( 3 for trolling motor and 1 for starting) be enough for a setup like you are running? I’m just curious on what it takes to run the livescope.

4. Member
    I run a Helix 10 Mega SI/DI unit at my console networked to a Helix 12 also a at the console.
    At the bow I run a Garmin 1222 Ultra with Livescope only. For me this shows and tells me everything I need from 1 unit. I ran a 93sv+ unit there before moving up to the 12" screen. I've never ran a 360 but for me the Livescope at the bow and my Birds at the console are a perfect setup for me.

5. Member
    As for me I run a small separate battery upfront for the Livescope and I run my 2 Birds off my cranking battery.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    As for me I run a small separate battery upfront for the Livescope and I run my 2 Birds off my cranking battery.
    5 batteries total?

7. Member
    It would be 5 batteries if he had a 36 V trolling motor or 4 batteries if you have the 24V trolling motor set up which is what I do with one up front.

I have a lil tin boat. Two bats from 24v TM and one for both units on the bow. I have a small unit at the console and rarely use it. Run all day no prob.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    It would be 5 batteries if he had a 36 V trolling motor or 4 batteries if you have the 24V trolling motor set up which is what I do with one up front.
    Thanks for the information. I’ve really been thinking about a livescope set up but I have a 36v and I’m at 4 batteries now and a 4 bank charger. I have no room for another battery where the cranking battery is located but could possibly fit one where the trolling motor batteries are but that means another 1 bank charger for that unless they make a 5 bank.

10. Member
    You need both

11. Member
    4 batteries total for me, 2 for the trolling motor, 1 cranking and one small battery up front for the Livescope. I was really straining the cranking battery before installing the small battery up front.

As for the 360 I'm not sure it would help me as much as the Livescope does but that's part of what makes us all different. I'd suggest someone really go with someone who has a 360 and someone who has a Livescope and see what works best for them.

12. Member
    360 for bass and Livescope for crappie, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    360 for bass and Livescope for crappie, IMO.
    Agree. I call it Crappiescope.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

14. Banned
    If you fish shallow waters the most I would say 360 but you will want at least a 10" screen IMO. Anything over about 8-10 feet you need both :-)

Mainly Crappie? LS for sure!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    one small battery up front for the Livescope.
    I am curious as to what you mean by small battery.

16. Member
    It's like the size of a 12 volt lawn mover battery, I'll check the size and style but belive it to be a agm. I can run Livescope on a 12 inch unit all day and it never goes below 12 volts. It's small so it fits nice in a small compartment that you have in the bow of my boat.

I'[m sure livescope is awesome and would love to have it. But for me the 360 is critical to quickly find those brush piles (which are a big part of fishing my home lake). I can get in the general area, deploy the trolling motor and no matter what direction the boat is pointing, I know exactly what direction the pile is at and how far away it is. Make one cast, and I am on the target immediately.

I have no experience with Livescope, and maybe it can do the same thing, but my understanding is that you will constantly need to point the transducer in the direction (20 degree of sonar) to see your target.
    If you are spot locked and have the transducer mounted on an independent mount, that is possible but will need quite a bit of attention due to the boat orientation changing. With 360, it is always on target....

Keep that in mind.....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RevFishMI View Post
    I am curious as to what you mean by small battery.
    I checked my little battery, it is a 12 volt, 35AH battery. Works great for me.

19. Member
    I have ran both. 360 on my last boat and livescope on this boat. If i could only have one it would be livescope. That being said i have a used 360 on the way. The 360 does a good job of showing structure around the boat. The livescope is better at showing you every detail in the cone. I do not want to wait on the new mega 360. The release date has been moved back a few times and i am not going to replace 1 year old units to run it. The only thing i think birds do better is side imaging and maps in my area.

20. Member
    I use livescope to keep on brush piles when I cruise along and find the brush pile, I use the 360 to orient the boat for fishing.

Once done however livescope would be what I WOULD LOVE to use to look around that brush pile.

I will get one at some point, .... I expect HB will pay the license fee to Garmin to get a live view like or build their own just like Lowrence did... it’s too useful of a tool NOT to do that.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast