Thread: Ionic Batteries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Ionic Batteries

Who's running these batteries that can give me some feedback? Are the 12V/50ah good for trolling motor? I have a 36V Ultrex so I would have to have 3.
    Would i need a new charger.....I have a Pro charger SS4 which is 10amps per bank
    Would I have to replace the battery trays? What are the measurements of this battery?
    I am sure Drew will pipe in which is great but also wanted thoughts from other users as well....

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here is 43 pages of reading you can do with some comments.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=982657
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Hahaha...alright, thanks!

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I dont have them but have read great reviews on here about them.....towards the end of the whole thread there is a post where some posted about the 36v setup......depending on how you fish depends on how they will hold up......

5. Member
    how do these batteries do in the heat? It gets in the 115s in arizona .
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    if you can sift through the BS in that long thread there is some good reports but as expected it eventually got a little messy. but straight up no BS these batteries are beyond awesome in many ways, besides the amazing power, fast charge times and weight loss these have the benefit of the bluetooth app that will let you know so much about the status of each battery, most of the top brands are close to equal in quality but one great thing I have been so pleased with is the customer service, the owner of the company is the engineer that designed them and I have been working directly with him and his team in testing new products in use on the water. they take the info and feed back and continue to make there products better.

as for the first question on 3 12v50ah for trolling over 90% of my customers with 36v systems run the 50ah and have been more than pleased with how they hold up in a day, only a few guys the fish rivers in heavy current with the trolling motor on high all day and a few of the greatlakes guys that spotlock for 10 hours have the 100ah batteries and for some of them its still overkill. I have a few guys that got the 100s so the could fish 3 days without charging.
    for your charger, I sell dual pro SS4 chargers that are programmed for lithium but if they are only a couple of years old they may still reprogram it for you, they recommend replacing it and selling your existing one but some of the DP guys will let you send yours in
    its $20 per bank plus shipping both ways
    I sell the new ones for $459.00
    I also have NOCOs that work well for $299.00
    and we have a new IONIC lithium charger im testing now, its in production and available the first of the year.

the 50ah are somewhat smaller and only weigh 15lb each measuring 6 1/2 x 7 1/2"
    I have custom trays available but there are multiple was of mounting them

I believe I sold a few to Arizona but I have sold many of them to Texas, we have had zero issues with heat, there batteries run very cool and dont normally get any warmer than the outside temps, the app actually monitors the batteries temps also.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Very happy with mine (bought them from Drew who was fantastic) - I'm running a 125 for cranking and 3 100's for trolling (I'm one of the river/great lakes guys). I still have never gotten the TM batteries below 50%, but I like the option of being able to use one of the 100ah as a cranking battery if needed - don't believe the 50's can be used to turn over the big motor. The bluetooth app is invaluable - that is what sold me on them.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

8. Member
    I am loving the 3x50 Ah and a 125 on the big motor. Fished several tournaments recently going all day on 6 or more with the Ultrex and the lowest the TM batteries got was 56%. If you do much running the starting battery stays full with the Merc 4 stroke, running livewells and 3 12 inch Helixes. I have not made 1 run and then camped a spot all day on spotlock so I don't have proof of how they would hold up for that but I feel very confident with them. The super fast charging is just a bonus but it so amazing.

9. Member
    Andy can you jump the cranking battery with the Tournament Saver Pro with the 50ah?
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crankbaitpete View Post
    Andy can you jump the cranking battery with the Tournament Saver Pro with the 50ah?
    the 50ah cant be used to jump as the the BMS is limited to 170a @ 3 sec

but no worries I have a solution for jumpstart, not able to share just yet but its pretty cool, Start any outboard anytime, no jumping, no need for trolling batteries
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

11. Member
    thanks, look at doing just the TM cuz my X2 is pretty new .Its probably easier just to do everything new with the charger.just a little more money
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    thanks, look at doing just the TM cuz my X2 is pretty new .Its probably easier just to do everything new with the charger.just a little more money
    I made a buddy a deal in my X2, because of the warranty they are pretty easy to sale to a friend

plus I can make better deals on a package.
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the 50ah cant be used to jump as the the BMS is limited to 170a @ 3 sec

but no worries I have a solution for jumpstart, not able to share just yet but its pretty cool, Start any outboard anytime, no jumping, no need for trolling batteries
    When can we hear more? Have to start ordering stuff for off season work
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ol Drew always has something up his sleeve.....

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    When can we hear more? Have to start ordering stuff for off season work
    Very soon, I'm doing some final testing
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Any type of battery?? Or has nothing to do with battery???

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Any type of battery?? Or has nothing to do with battery???
    this will start it without a battery
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Member
    how do these batteries do in the heat? It gets in the 115s in arizona .
    Used the batteries at Lake Mead this past June for 4 days at wild west bass event. Used only about 35% of there battery life per day. Average daytime temp was 105. They have been excellent and got mine thru Drew

19. Member
    I'm eyeing these things pretty hard. Drew have you had any problems with your SHO overcharging the cranking battery and shutting it off while running down the lake? I know people running some other brand lithiums have had to install regulators or ditch the cranking batter because of it.

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I'm eyeing these things pretty hard. Drew have you had any problems with your SHO overcharging the cranking battery and shutting it off while running down the lake? I know people running some other brand lithiums have had to install regulators or ditch the cranking batter because of it.
    to the best of my knowledge that was only happening with 2009 to 2011 SHOs and was later corrected by Yamaha. Ionics have had Zero Issues of Shutdown with SHOs
    and now the Ionic 125ah has a BMS custom programmed so that it also works with the new Merc 4s and the high output charging system that is much higher than the SHO
    The engineers actually took monitoring equipment out on the lake for a day testing the output and how the batteries reacted to different conditions then they designed a program for the BMS, I have a lot of these batteries out there now and they are amazing.
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast