2018 Mercury 150 Pro XS (4 Stroke) 2B610068 Lube Points?

Should there be a zerk fitting on the tilt tube?
    There is a fitting on each end of where the steering cable would run through and one on the Main Support tube. I don't see anything on the center of the tilt tube?
    Searched this site and watched the Main Maintenance video but have not found anything that applies to grease lubrication points.
    Thanks in advance.

Are there ONLY three zerk fittings on the above mentioned motor?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, there are no zerks on the Power Tilt/Trim unit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

No not the trim/tilt, but where the motor pivots up and down on the tube that a steering cable would go through. (Steering Tube) When the motor is raised or lowered via the power trim and tilt, this is where the motor rotates / pivot on top of the motor bracket. If you removed the power trim / tilt assembly, this is where the motor would pivot if you raised it by hand. Not the main support tube for the motor turning left or right.
    Just wondering if they missed a machining operation, or the 4 bolt hole pattern should have a zerk or two. One of those holes has a ground cable attached to it.
    Every motor I owned has had at least one, if not two grease zerks for this pivot point.

5. Member
    IMG_2023-09-22-200507.jpeg

Youre talking about this one and the main support tube correct?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No sir- it's accessible from the FRONT in the center of the swivel bracket.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor