Low Oil / High Heat Alarm - 94 200 (video)

94 200 efi xri with oil tank + injection still running. Well over 1 gallon oil in tank.

Getting high heat / low oil alarm - flashing light on dash and beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep once I go past an idle. Link to video below

Was still running fine but i shut it down to be safe

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gSIHujbuFLT76YwR2
    Last edited by Too fat 2 fish; 09-14-2019 at 02:08 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Too fat 2 fish View Post
    94 200 efi xri with oil tank + injection still running. Well over 1 gallon oil in tank.

Getting high heat / low oil alarm - flashing light on dash and beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep once I go past an idle. Link to video below

Was still running fine but i shut it down to be safe

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gSIHujbuFLT76YwR2
    Oil tank inside cowling is fairly full but not completely full. I checked the float switch and seems to be working normally on bench. When installed in tank, float isn't floating high enough to open the circuit. Do I just need to top off the tank?? What would cause it to not be completely full?

3. Member
    It must be completely full,no air. The oil is fed to the motor tank by a slight pressure from the crankcase. Check for a leak in one of the two lines coming from the remote tank. If it’s an oil leak,you should see oil. To check for an air leak,fill the engine tank from a bottle,then start engine on muffs,then spray the lines with soapy water. An air leak will bubble.

Also check screen in the big tank
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

5. Member
    +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Thanks for the help.

Screen in remote tank is clear. I filled both oil tanks to max. Ran it in driveway for 20 mins on muffs and no alarm. Can't find any air or oil leaks.

Is it possible the remote tank was too low (3-4") and sucked air into system when running on lake?

7. Member
    3-4 shouldnt do it loose cap will cause it not to fill mtr tank
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Joe, caps were really tight had to work to bust them loose. Guess lake test will tell

9. Member
    The check valve in the line from crankcase to remote (boat) oil tank could have failed and not allowing pressure to build up. One way to check is while motor is running, open motor oil tank a little and see if oil fills the tank and if it starts running over. If it doesn’t fill the tank then remote tank system has failed somewhere.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    The check valve in the line from crankcase to remote (boat) oil tank could have failed and not allowing pressure to build up. One way to check is while motor is running, open motor oil tank a little and see if oil fills the tank and if it starts running over. If it doesn’t fill the tank then remote tank system has failed somewhere.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try later this week

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    +1 and is the correct way to bleed air from the engine reservoir - Bleeding air from the Engine Mounted Oil Tank
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax