Question More advice needed.

Well...I rescued the 95 181DC from a yard and got her home. Engine (135 Blackmax) hasn’t been started in about 2 years. Compression 115 give or take all around. Water pump ordered. Gonna drain the tank and replace lines and hoses. Now what??? Thanks! Oh yeah....removed the cassette deck too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Totally your call, but when I bought mine, the first thing I did was pulled the motor and trim top cap and resealed it all with 3M 4200 and reinstalled since I had no idea when it was done last. I also checked my bilge pumps and livewell pump and had one that the housing was cracked and replaced it.

Have the carbs cleaned, and check all the thru hull fittings and hoses. Check the tires for dry rot and grease or repack the bearings.Check the bunk boards and carpet for dry rot and check the bolts that attach the bunks to the trailer.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Sharp looking boat! Is that a XR6 or a XRI on the back? XRI is EFI and wouldn't require carburetor cleaning, but you might want to check out the injectors and fuel pump

5. Member
    Thanks for all info. Engine is carbureted and previous owner ran only non ethanol. Trailer is sound. Tires are in excellent shape and didn’t even need air. Brake fluid reservoir was dry though. Boat will clean up nice no doubt. It was in a yard but was covered. My main concern is getting the engine going again after sitting that long. Thanks again.

6. Banned
    Hook it up to a fresh fuel source and give it a crank... Change lower unit oil before you hit the lake... Dan