99Merc 200 efi bypass oil injection

Serial number 0G938597
    after 2 mechanics not being able to diagnose a low oil alarm, I have decided to just bypass the oil injection and mix oil in the gas. Does anyone have instructions on the process? Any links or pics would be appreciated

2. Member
    A "low oil alarm" is most likely a failed float switch in the engine reservoir and any reputable Mercury mechanic would have known this.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    A "low oil alarm" is most likely a failed float switch in the engine reservoir and any reputable Mercury mechanic would have known this.
    They should also know the reservoir needs to be completely topped off. If mine is down even 1/2" down from the top it will sound. Make sure it is full enough that when you screw the cap on it overflows a bit. Wrap some towels around to absorb the overflow.

4. Member
    It's not the float. Only goes off after hitting 4K rpm. Anyway I just want to know how to bypass the oil injection to mix oil. Not interested in other ideas as it have already been through it twice.

Prior post fron Don:

I prefer to RETAIN (and properly MAINTAIN) the oil injection system. Properly maintained, and fed high-quality oil, it should provide many, many years of service.

IF you decide to go the pre-mix route, the "kit" can be purchased quite inexpensively, and has everything you need. Rhonda (in our Parts Department) keeps them in stock.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 43 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22574
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

Oil injection delete kit is around $14. Get the dipstick style kit. remove pump and tanks. pretty simple