Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    I put these in the fill lines to my tanks and no fooling with nozzle position, no puking fuel, and I can fill them at 3/4 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcfbd View Post
    On mine I have to hold the fuel nozzle upside down.
    On every boat I have owned! Works great!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Man, thank you to everyone that has been feeding my this great advice. Looks like I have some optiona.

4. Member
    I had that issue and the large fill hose had broke down where it curved and gas was pooling right there. I was replacing gas cap and when pulling on it, came out looking like an accordian!! I discovered this AFTER removing tank 2x, replacing vent lines, sending unit, and main fuel line!!!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    I had that issue and the large fill hose had broke down where it curved and gas was pooling right there. I was replacing gas cap and when pulling on it, came out looking like an accordian!! I discovered this AFTER removing tank 2x, replacing vent lines, sending unit, and main fuel line!!!!!
    Wow, that must have been a pain in the butt. At least u got down the real problem.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Some folks find that driving the wheels onto a small length of board on one side of the trailer will help. It seems that the side nearest the fill cap is the best.
    this is true see if gasbacks up on both tanks if youhave two tanks. If you pump gas and is has to go all the way to the other side of the boat the gas hose is about three feet long and lays FLAT across the gas tank. so gas fills up in the HOSE bc gas does not drop in the tank fast. so this is why the boards under the tires helps out sometimes bc this puts an ANGLE on the hose and gives it a downward slope so gas falls in the tank as opposed to being slowly pushed into the tank. I found a gas station where the end set of pumps has a slope so I pull up there alot and never have an issue when on a downward slant away form the pump. Take your seats out to look at this. Notice if the gas hose does not have a decline in it toward the tank opening i heard some people zip tie the hose up in the air a little to fix it Hope this helps out it may be your issue or not but it helped me out. I always bring an extra rag and wrap it around the nozzle as i put gas in it just in case then toss the rag out if it gets gas on it.

7. Member
    Well I tried repositioning the gas nozzle and unfortunately that didn't seem to help any. Guess I'll try driving it up on a board next before making any type of purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12