Universal sonar cord???

Got a new 112 Ultrex (1368820) I'm installing and I have nowhere to connect the Universal Sonar cable. There is an old Lowrance X51 at the bow and Lowrance Gen1 HDS7 + an old Garmin 240 at the console. What is the best way to hide/tie it up? Also, does it matter where I mount the white Heading Sensor puck?(front or back of boat? Thanks to all who reply! Scott
    Last edited by scotti509; 09-14-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    Scott Inman

2. Member
    So you are not going to have sonar at the bow? There are adapter cables to hook to most sonar units. Link to MinnKota adapter cables: https://www.minnkotamotors.com/learn...versal-sonar-2
    Last edited by bobcoy; 09-13-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by scotti509 View Post
    Got a new 112 Ultrex (1368820) I'm installing and I have nowhere to connect the Universal Sonar cable. There is an old Lowrance X51 at the bow and Lowrance Gen1 HDS7 + an old Garmin 240 at the console. What is the best way to hide/tie it up? Also, does it matter where I mount the white Heading Sensor puck?(front or back of boat? Thanks to all who reply! Scott
    The Minnkota Heading Sensor can be anywhere there is no magnetic interference. You have to test to find out where that might be. Use a compass, run the outboard and trolling motor to eliminate those two as a possible interference source. It is powered so plan on its source for 12V.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Take out the four screws that hold the plastic cover of the Ultrex. Remove the cover. You will see a small clip held on with two tiny screws holding the US 2 cable. Remove the clip and tuck the connector into the head of the Ultrex. Then reinstall the clip and cover
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Thanks Catdude. I never would've thought of that!
    Scott Inman