Thread: Monroe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hardestyeric View Post
    Thanks, Lee. It was a great day. Anytime you can catch 10 keepers in a day is a lot of fun.
    Are most of the fish being caught deep or are there still any shallow??

2. Member
    It is a safe assumption, that if I catch fish, they aren't deep. I would say most came in 10' or less. Ours came in less than 8'.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hardestyeric View Post
    It is a safe assumption, that if I catch fish, they aren't deep. I would say most came in 10' or less. Ours came in less than 8'.
    Lol. Understood.

Another bunch of big fish weighed in today for the black Friday tournament. First and second place both had over 19 lbs and big bass was 7+ again.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Another bunch of big fish weighed in today for the black Friday tournament. First and second place both had over 19 lbs and big bass was 7+ again.
    Who won?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Who won?
    Levi and Lane Mullins. Curious how well everyone will do tomorrow, forecast tomorrow is too nasty for me so I'm out.

7. Member
    19.6 and 19.4 again. The Roberts won and Lane and Levi Mullins were second. 3rd was 18.6ish.

8. Member
    I wish Eric. No the Roberts' didn't win, but we did have the winning fish spit the bait when she came to the surface. Then she took the school with her. (6ib. or bigger) leaving us in 4th. first out of the money. Rex and Dean Remington had the winning bag and big bass. 19.69 / 5.91 Lane and Levi 2nd. 19.45 On the way to the ramp we talked about loosing our biggest fish, and how she took the school with her, and s--- happens. On the way home we talked about loosing a $500.00 fish and how bad it really sucks.

9. Member
    Sorry about that. It has happened to all of us. Jeff and I decided to wait until 3 to start catching them so we didn't have a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro37 View Post
    I wish Eric. No the Roberts' didn't win, but we did have the winning fish spit the bait when she came to the surface. Then she took the school with her. (6ib. or bigger) leaving us in 4th. first out of the money. Rex and Dean Remington had the winning bag and big bass. 19.69 / 5.91 Lane and Levi 2nd. 19.45 On the way to the ramp we talked about loosing our biggest fish, and how she took the school with her, and s--- happens. On the way home we talked about loosing a $500.00 fish and how bad it really sucks.
    Jeff, you and Austin had a great year on Monroe. You guys were solid on both the weekend series plus won the points on Thursday night, good job!!

11. Member
    Is anybody fishing the $20,000.00 bass fish attractors that DNR placed in the idle zone of Monroe on any tourneys? Just curious if anybody is or has noticed any guys fishing out in the middle? Or was this a waste?

12. Member
    I don't have the foggiest on where the fish attractors even are so I can't tell you.

There is another jack-pot this Sunday down there if anyone is game. Think it is $40. Cutright.

13. Member
    Between what used to be called IU point and Grub point, where middle fork meets north fork in the very middle total coverage all crammed into 140 acre are of 10’ deep water.

DNR website did have coordinates listed for all of them at one point. Haven't looked in a while though.

15. Member
    I was just curious as I personally think where DNR placed them out in the middle of the large bay, would attract crappie more than Bass. My largest crappie came from that area. 17.5 inches trolling cranks. I have yet to hit it but will.

16. Member
    If it’s in that area and in 10’ of water, the attractors must be in the channel. Not much 10’ of water at normal pool there except the channel.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Lee, is thats where I always see you with your spinning rod and dropshot?

19. Member
    She is still spitting them out. Ruster and partner had a SACK over 25lb. Saw it with my own eyes. Great job Doug congrats.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    She is still spitting them out. Ruster and partner had a SACK over 25lb. Saw it with my own eyes. Great job Doug congrats.
    Yesterday? I'm not surprised. I fished 2-5:30 and had 13.5 lbs with a 5.8. Water was 43 degrees and they were chomping

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast