New Helix User Questions

OK, so I have used Lowrance for years and have great success with their products and know a lot about their products. Just got a new Skeeter FXR with 12" Helix mega imaging and have a few questions. Set up some screens today that fit the way I fish and got some good images and caught a lot of fish. So, I am on the right path. Here are my questions:

- On the Chart screen, I am seeing some numbers (degrees?) with a small "o" and a capital "T" next to the numbers. What is this and how do I get rid of it?

- I set up a Chart and sonar screen. Chart on the right hand side, and sonar on the left. The split is vertical. I figured out how to change the split size. However, is there a way to make this a horizontal split such that the sonar is on top and the Chart on the bottom (thereby using the entire 12" width)?

- With Lowrance, there is a feature called "bottom lock" that sets up a new pane that allows you to zoom into the bottom. Is there a similar feature in Helix and, if so, how do I set it up?

Here's an image from today with a big school of spotted bass!

helix091319.jpg

You can have t for an overlay readout which stands for True direction. Most views with Chart have that.
    The same location on the overlay when just sonar or Imaging is displayed is a f which stands for Fahrenheit.
    With Helix units, none of the overlay readouts can be customized. Your other choices are OFF or Data Boxes.
    You can customize the digital readouts in the Boxes when displayed.

With Helix units, you cannot create "setup" any views, just choose which one to display. Review the entire View list to see if any others are suitable for you. Several are by Default Hidden.

There is a split screen Zoom view, just change it from Hidden to Visible.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL