Checking headlights?

On a 2012 21xb how do I check and maybe change the headlight bulb on drivers side? Thanks in advance

Pull the plastic cover. The bulb is on an assembly that comes right out. If you use the lights I strongly recommend Neil’s HID upgrade.

I think they have a non-adjustable version as well. Not sure on those
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Headlights come in 2 configurations from Allison. The basic is an ON/OFF light system and is fixed-no adjustment that is basically just that. The Elite boats have an adjustable light system which is operated by a dial at the helm which moves the light up down and side to side with a different type of bulb and fixture. That system can be converted like RR stated above with a retro kit using HID lights.

I had the fixed lights in my boat but wanted the HID lights so I called Bill and ordered the light fixtures to replace the fixed and then purchased an HID kit on line. I did not install the cable and such for the moveable lights. My conversion required me to crawl inside the center compartment and remove the fixtures and then replace with new fixtures and bulb assemblies.

Let me tell ya....the lighting is night and day different from the factory lights with HID. I wonder if an LED kit is available. The lights are so bright they will light up and entire cove!!! Great for us on Hartwell if its getting dark and we are pulling into the cove and the boat house with the HID lights. Incredible. They get hot so don't leave them on long. Short 1 minute bursts is good
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member
    I took the glass cover off So now all I do is grab the thick rubber around the light bulb and pull it straight out the front of the boat?

Not sure. I feel like mine had clips that let me pull them out super easy.
    Last edited by River Rocket; 09-13-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    So u pulled them out from the outside of the boat? You didn’t have to get up under the front deck for anything

Yes. On mine everything was from the front.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    On the two different light configurations the one that is fixed and not adjustable has a bulb that is part of the black housing. That bulb housing that goes thru the hull is threaded and held in place with a large plastic nut inside the hull.

Hubert, are your lights adjustable on your boat from the drivers seat? If you are looking at your lights are they set in a silver housing with the bulb in the center? Is your boat an Elite model?

My 2013 is not an elite and came with fixed lights. Not adjustable. Just one solid bulb set in a large black housing.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P