Thread: new ultra

new ultra

Just got it late yesterday, been getting it installed today. Have a couple questions. First is the battery connection, is anyone using a direct connect (no plug in)? Second is the us2 cable, how did you run the cable along the swing arm? I have the run of the cable to the graph worked out but don't want the cable from the head unit to just be flopping around. your help would really be appreciated. This is a Ultrex not ultra.
    Last edited by BassCat'99; 09-14-2019 at 07:06 AM. Reason: wrong model name.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI

2. Member
    Is that a cross between an ulterra and a an ultrex? You have to have a 60 amp breaker. Plug in if you want to disconnect it. When we know what unit someone will tell you where to run the cable. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    don't understand the response but thanks for trying.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI

4. Member
    What trolling motor do you have?
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    ultrex with I-Pilot and US-2 sonar, 45in shaft and 36v. Sorry, I see what I typed.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI

Route the US2 cable along the steering/power cable if you want to take the chance of getting RFI.
    Route the US2 cable along the side of the mount if you want to avoid the chance of getting RFI.

Just leave enough slack so the motor can turn 180 degrees left and right.

If you direct wire the power, install a switch duty circuit breaker or disconnect switch at the battery. Disconnect power when charging and long term non-use.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    routed us-2 cable along the arm with loop at both end, cable is always in a relaxed state. Stayed with the t/m plug, just could not get comfortable with the direct connection. Thank you all for your input, would rather ask first then screew something up.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI

8. Member
    The US2 needs to route down the coil cord - following the coil cord with the coils so it is allowed to turn/stretch with the coil cord. When you get to the plastic grommet where the wires come out of the steering module tape the cable to that grommet and follow the steering wires down to the footpedal. I have installed (lost count of how many) these and run it the same way with no interference on the units.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]