Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Praying DFW or West TX 200/202 or 210 Owners Step Inside

I'm looking for a 2007-2009 200/202 or 210 Elite in the DFW to Wichita Falls to Lubbock to Midland/Odessa area (I'd even consider Austin area) that has had the rocker switch conversion done, and an owner willing to let me come look at the wiring on your switch panel at the console. I've tried to get my hands on schematics of the conversion kit or a 2010 Champ or 2011-2013 Stratos Elite with no luck. There appear to be 2 15 pin connectors coming off the switches and going to the different pumps, lights, horn, power, etc. In addition, the timer functions of the MegaLink had to be replaced and I suspect those timers may be associated with that panel.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Member
    Reggie, not sure if I sent you a pdf regarding this touch pad conversion to rockers or not. Lots of other members have requested it. I got it from another member here. I have never actually studied this pdf myself so I don't know if it actually would be of any help to you or not but if you don't have and would like it I can email it to you.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Steve, if it's the one I have, it just covers the installation. And leaves a few questions unanswered. I've not heard of anyone having the actual schematic of the conversion kit.

4. Member
    Tx Champ,

I used to to own a 2007 Champ 210, after owning it for a short time my megalink took a dump. Looked into purchasing a analog conversion kit and found that they were not available. I got a wiring schematic of the 210 from a member on here. With the schematic in hand I was able to order a switch panel that fits right above the key where the rubber key pad was and also a smaller one to fit where the bow panel was. With a bit of cutting and creative engineering got all the new panels to fit nicely in the original switch panels. I had to make a new wiring harness that ran between the megalink and the helm panel and a smaller one between the helm and the bow. Once those were in place I removed the 2 big plugs from the megalink and cut them off. And one by one spliced into each corresponding circuit. Surprisingly it worked out very well. I am very electrically inclined so it was easy for me to do. I planned it out on paper so I knew what colors went with what circuit. I made a splice box out of plexiglass and put it where the megalink was, and used screw terminal strips and fork connectors and bussbars for grounds. The whole job probably cost me about 350.00 and about a weekend to complete. Wish I had pictures to show you. Once it was done I never had another issue with the switches. The only real issue I had was finding a way to label each switch when I was done.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Albert,
    First off, Thank You for your Service! Also, thanks for that info. I got some pictures from a member near the DFW area that said his boat was converted when he bought it. The panel had an aftermarket switch panel screwed to the factory panel. It was neatly done, but only had six switches, so it was missing a few functions. Reckon that was your boat? I also considered doing something similar to what you did. In fact, my plan was to look for connectors that would mate to the existing harness and replace the MegaLink controller with a box holding the breakers for all the circuits with another connector to run wiring to the cockpit and bow panel. Select Marine Products is working on panels for the rocker switches for me. I managed to find a kit less the cockpit panel, so that is where I'm at and why I'm looking for a boat that has been converted. I need to wire that panel once I get it and all the switches sourced and installed. There are 2 connectors on the harness that connect to the switch panel I need to trace out and I assume that the required pump timers are also in that wiring.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Steve, if it's the one I have, it just covers the installation. And leaves a few questions unanswered. I've not heard of anyone having the actual schematic of the conversion kit.
    Yes, that's probably right. My old sled has been sitting in the garage since Oct.2018. motorless. when I get repowered I'm scared to death my unit may not work. I have a spare link but even then I'm not 100% certain that will solve. When you get yours completed I hope you have copious notes and pics for those of us who are destined to go down this path sooner or later .
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Yes, that's probably right. My old sled has been sitting in the garage since Oct.2018. motorless. when I get repowered I'm scared to death my unit may not work. I have a spare link but even then I'm not 100% certain that will solve. When you get yours completed I hope you have copious notes and pics for those of us who are destined to go down this path sooner or later .
    Don't want to jinx you, but my spare lasted about a week.

8. Member
    That's already been running through my mind. Since my boat has been sitting for almost a full year I probably should have used this time to do the conversion but I didn't. We'll see what happens if I ever get repowered.
    GETFISHED !!!

9. Member
    Reggie,

That boat was probably mine, Tin Star Cajun a member on here and TFF bought it. Sure miss that 210 it was a beast. One thing I found that the livewell timers don’t exist outside the megalink. I ended up using a manual timer wired in-line with the re circulate circuit. I also used 2 position rockers for some functions where I could. The switch panel I used had built in circuit breakers below each switch and the main power lines running from the battery forward we’re fused at the rear connection. The livewell timer switch and a main power switch were installed on the lower part of the helm. The main power switch energized all the switch circuits . I am currently running a 2018 legend and it’s equipped with a system just like the megalink and I am preparing for it to take a dump. With Legend not around anymore I will probably be retrofitting this boat with rockers soon. Good luck and thanks !!

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Albert, that's the one. Tin Star Cajun sent me pix of tbe switches. Legend's system is called Omnibus and a different manufacturer. Hopefully, it will be a stable system for you.