Much higher fuel burn on 2 out of 3 engines - what can I check?

0t81917 -0t819125 - 0t819123
    This Forum has been such a help in getting me to understand Optimaxe's Thanks to Don, Savage and many others - Thank You. So now my latest question is in regards to fuel burn. Last year I had the Starboard powerhead replaced with a Mercury Factory reman. The port and centr engines are burning 15-16 gph vs the starboards 8 gph @ 4000 RPM's. Is there anything that would cause such a difference in fuel burn?? Anything should be checking? Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Same prop/pitch on each, same throttle setting, and same RPM's? Unless there is a mechanical problem (note: engine wear can play a factor), one of these items is likely not the same.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    That engine cannot be seeing the same load as the others. I don't know how the engines are synced....is it rpm based, throttle position or?
    Could that engine be running in aerated water so it sees less load?

4. Member
    Just repropped the engines 21p Rev 4's on the outside engines 23p Rev 4 on center - this is the way the boat was propped from the factory.Went from Bravo 1's to the rev 4's. RPM's set exactly the same - 4000