Thread: Tactical 870

Tactical 870

Any one have a tactical equipped 870? Looking for a good mount for red dot type sight on a Picatinny rail. Unfortunate the base model 870 Magnum Express I have isn't drilled or tapped.

2. Banned
    I have an 870 SPM that is drilled/tapped from the factory.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    There is a tactical shotgun group on facebook that may be able to help you out. I have a couple tactical shotguns including an 870 but dont have one with a red dot so im no help.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

4. Member
    I thought they used to made a side mount for optics on a 870. Might try google for saddle mounts.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    There is a tactical shotgun group on facebook that may be able to help you out. I have a couple tactical shotguns including an 870 but dont have one with a red dot so im no help.
    Thanks but no facebook for me. Side mounts all have iffy reviews, think I'll just get it tapped for a rail.

JMO but a red dot on a HD shotgun seems unnecessary and perhaps a hindrance. Give me a its more of a point and shoot weapon instead of aiming it, especially in that scenario, I’d want both eyes open with optic.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    JMO but a red dot on a HD shotgun seems unnecessary and perhaps a hindrance. Give me a its more of a point and shoot weapon instead of aiming it, especially in that scenario, I’d want both eyes open with optic.
    I have used on on a turkey gun where aiming is more important. On a weapon for home use give me a tube of buck shot rounds and a gunlight and I am good.