Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I fish chickamauga and guntersville alot. Those of you that have the force, how do you think it will handle the grass? What happens when the motor is completely covered? Is it going to burn up the motor trying to move? There are times, with my current fortrex, that I can not even change direction in the grass and I have to pull the motor and remove the grass.

I've been using the Force for over 5 months here at Sam Rayburn in and around thick shoreline vegetation and have been real pleased with the performance. But yes, you still can stall the motor out in super thick stuff (even when trying to stall it out during testing, I only did it twice). However, the Force has built-in protection for this and will shut the motor down to prevent damage. You simply power boot the Force to get it out of protective mode.
    Garmin Pro Team

Thanks for posting up you experiences guys. Very much appreciated.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

I read somewhere that the footpedal is too big and does not fit into the recessed hole in the front deck.
    Did you have any trouble with the size of the footpedal?
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantzx190 View Post
    I read somewhere that the footpedal is too big and does not fit into the recessed hole in the front deck.
    Did you have any trouble with the size of the footpedal?
    its not any bigger than my fortrex pedal
    Nitro 896 Savage DC/200 Merc , Garmin GPS Map 7612xsv, 1242 touch and 8012. Force TM

6. Member
    Hi guys, I’m really loving the feedback on the Force, but I’m a saltwater guy, do you think that a thorough fresh water wash after a days fishing will keep the Force in good condition, or should I wait until Garmin gives it a little revamp for salt water use?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
    Hi guys, I’m really loving the feedback on the Force, but I’m a saltwater guy, do you think that a thorough fresh water wash after a days fishing will keep the Force in good condition, or should I wait until Garmin gives it a little revamp for salt water use?
    I would not put it in salt water no matter how much you clean it. It may be perfectly fine but in Garmin's description is specifically states "freshwater" only. I would guess that a salt water version is in the future but I absolutely no nothing. (in my best Sgt. Shultz voice)

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

8. Member
    Rampage, how much calibrating did you need to do on the water before you got the force running? Did you decide to wire the foot pedal in? Mine is on the way and "excited" is putting it lightly.

9. Member
    I had mine put on yesterday but wasn’t aware of the calibration process, nor does the $3k force come with 2 AA batteries needed for the remote to do all the setup stuff. So I had a plain ole quiet powerful trolling motor on my first outing out with it. Then come to find out I needed a memory card to update software on my new Echomap ultra unit before it’d connect to the force. Now all you guys know!!! Rant over.
    2000 Champion 203

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
    I had mine put on yesterday but wasn’t aware of the calibration process, nor does the $3k force come with 2 AA batteries needed for the remote to do all the setup stuff. So I had a plain ole quiet powerful trolling motor on my first outing out with it. Then come to find out I needed a memory card to update software on my new Echomap ultra unit before it’d connect to the force. Now all you guys know!!! Rant over.
    Does the foot pedal also not come with batteries? For 3k what can we really expect though...

And going through the manual online it appears to be a fair share of start up calibration needed!

11. Member
    Not to my knowledge but the shop unboxed everything and just handed me the manuals and a remote. They wired my petal into my accessories power so I have turn the main power on too.
    2000 Champion 203

12. Member
    The calibration process is pretty simple. Between the trolling motor and the remote it might take 8-10 minutes.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12