Boat is going up for sale

I can't believe I am actually doing this but I sent Al all the info this morning.
    Gonna grab a fox body mustang to play with and a jon boat to fish.

Worst case I will buy a new boat in a few years if I hate it.
    Boatless

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Good luck, Jon.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Good luck finding one! Those things are bringing stupid money !

Quote Originally Posted by PearlMistZ521C View Post
    Good luck finding one! Those things are bringing stupid money !
    Yeah they are creeping up there...the 93 Cobras are in the mid 40s...insane
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Yeah they are creeping up there...the 93 Cobras are in the mid 40s...insane
    Serious? WoW. We have a 90's sitting in the shop for years that we have done some work to, didn't know it was worth that.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Serious? WoW. We have a 90's sitting in the shop for years that we have done some work to, didn't know it was worth that.

You thinking cleaning up the one in the garage over the Winter and then sell it; split the funds and then have a bunch of "fun $$$"? If You weren't, I was...

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    You thinking cleaning up the one in the garage over the Winter and then sell it; split the funds and then have a bunch of "fun $$$"? If You weren't, I was...
    Oh, it's pretty clean. Stripped the whole car, soda blasted the whole exterior including the whole underneath and panted it black. It belongs to a doctor friend and just figured he has gone cookoo. He has given up on the project a few times and I probably could have bought the thing for a song and dance but never would offer him that much. Just never thought it was worth what I'm hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Oh, it's pretty clean. Stripped the whole car, soda blasted the whole exterior including the whole underneath and panted it black. It belongs to a doctor friend and just figured he has gone cookoo. He has given up on the project a few times and I probably could have bought the thing for a song and dance but never would offer him that much. Just never thought it was worth what I'm hearing.
    Only the 93 Cobras are in the mid 40s.
    Boatless

Only the 93 Cobras are in the mid 40s.
    Thanks for the info. I will find out what year it is tomorrow. I'm just curious now.
    Best of luck with the sale and your journey.

I can put you in a nice Grizzly Tracker 1860 with a 50hp. PM me if interested.

I can't believe I am actually doing this but I sent Al all the info this morning.
    Gonna grab a fox body mustang to play with and a jon boat to fish.

Worst case I will buy a new boat in a few years if I hate it.
    I am ready to do the exact same thing. I now have a Ranger 520L with the 2S Merc and don't really like it, don't like the loose seats and don't like the fact my foot won't reach the hot foot throttle at its narrowest setting. Thee are many things I do like, for example its looks, the Solix electronics, the Ultrex, the storage and the performance are not that bad. I can hit 71 by myself but it takes a lot longer to get there. There just doesn't seem to be any get up and go. I have a couple of other minor issues where water will still get into the livewells when I don't want it to and it leaks a little. This boat is similar to the black out edition in color, has every option on it except for power poles, Atlas Hydraulic Jack with gauge, Solix 15 in the console and a Solix 12 at the bow connected with and ethernet switch. It does have the external GPS puck in the rear and in the bow, hotfoot, keel protector, oxygen generator, remote pump out, an AGM cranking battery, a cover and doesn't have a scratch on it. It is always garaged with about 110 hours. My desire would be to trade for the exact same boat with a 4s engine and a year later boat that had some of the early tweaks already in it. I am presuming this would cost another arm and a leg, thus why I haven't done it yet. It also has the touring package. IT is really a beautiful boat and great to fish in. I just don't enjoy going from point A to Point B. Wonder what it's trade value will be? I have only used it four times.
    2018 Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S
    15" Solix console
    12" Solix on the bow
    Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You may have wasted a lot of typing, gsb0824, because “what is my boat worth?” is mentioned as a no-no in the forum rules stickied at the top of the main forum page. If you are thinking of trading your boat in, why not ask a dealer what the trade-in value would be? The last 5 Rangers I have bought, I sent a picture and description to dealers and asked them for a rough value. Two that I dealt with, Knox Marine here in Ohio and Jet-a-Marine in Kentucky, got back to me quickly with trade-in values reasonably close [within a thousand or so] to what we eventually settled on. A phone call is a good way to get the ball rolling, because many/most boat dealers don’t seem to respond quickly to emails from people completely unknown to them. [Don’t know why that is, but that’s another story.] You already have all the details lined out, above, so just pass that information along to the dealerships.

Good luck with getting the boat you desire. Life is short.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio