Lakemaster chart navigation issues

When trying to navigate using the Lakemaster map in coarse up mode the mapping screen wants to spin almost in circles. I switched over to head up and it seemed to stop and work correctly. What causes it to spin in coarse up mode? I have a Navionics card also but I did not check to see if it was the same. It’s hard to use Navionics in this area because Lakemaster is so much better and a lot more accurate.

Course is calculated by GPS when the antenna is moving above .6 mph. Below that you get nothing. If you use the Course Up setting and GPS cannot calculate direction, that is when the chart view will rotate.
    A Heading Sensor when installed correctly will always indicate the direction the bow is pointed regardless of speed or no speed. If you use the Head Up setting, the direction the bow is pointed will be at the top of the Chart View.

Mapping has nothing to do with GPS, the GPS will function the same way with any map background or no background map.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Course up is designed for sail boats and larger boats with auto pilot which typically create actual routes to follow on the unit. So if a sail boat is crabbed into the wind it's planned course will be at the top of the chart. When no planned route is set there are slight variances in how it actually works vs. Heading up.

Heading up should be used with smaller boats in fishing applications, as it works much better as you have discovered.