Thread: Dnz or Talley?

Dnz or Talley?

Looking for new rings for my new weatherby vanguard 243 and mark v 300 wby mag. Looking at the Talley 2 piece lightweights or the new 1-piece DNZ game reapers. Anyone have experience with either of these to see how solid they are?

2. Member
    You probably won't like what I'm going to say but on the .243 and being a Vanguard I'd put Weaver bases and cheap rings.

Both Talley and DNZ are very good and on the 300 you can't go wrong with either..... btw I have both Talley and DNZ but prefer Talley.

What scopes are you putting on each and what are you hunting/purpose for each?

3. Member
    The 243 is just a gun to throw in the truck to take to the farm. Mostly coyotes but maybe deer. The 300 wby will be for deer, elk, bear. Both will have Burris fullfield E1’s on them. I like the 2 piece talleys. Actually I’d prefer the 2 piece DNZ hunt masters. But they only make the one piece for mark v Weatherby mag calibers.

4. Banned
    DNZ is what i would go with. Have them on all my long guns.

5. Member
    Talley ringmounts are pretty good but I would want steel on the MKV.

Big fan of DNZ mounts. Never owned Talley, but they have a great reputation. Don’t think you could go wrong with either.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Talley ringmounts are pretty good but I would want steel on the MKV.
    Talleys are what Weatherby used to be the recommended mounts and rings for their rifles. Call them.

8. Member
    I ordered talleys. I would have got the 2 piece dnz’s But they don’t make them for the mark v magnums.