Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    I knew something was wrong... my chatter baits aren’t in my crank bait box.

All kidding aside i agree 100%. I have never thought of it that way but I fish it the exact same way.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I started fishing chatterbaits a lot this year and it’s been a “game changer” for me, and that’s no bs. If I’m in 8-10’ of water I let my JH sink to the bottom and start a slow retrieve. I vary my retrieve speed until I see what they want. Sometimes I work it almost like a worm and they hit it on the fall a lot.

Around pads and stiffer vegetation they come through great and the fish just can’t stand them, hit them like they said something about their momma!

The rod I use is a custom built so no specs but it feels like a med/hvy but with a softer tip which stops me from setting the hook too fast. A 6.3 Daiwa Tatula Type R fits my rod perfect and that ratio fits me perfect.

Ive used every trailer imaginable but it’s usually a 3.8” speed shad swimbait, fluke, or SK Rage Craw. I got my first Jackhammer 10 pounder a few weeks ago so now I’ll probably fish them more than ever.

I compare it more to a swim jig than a spinnerbait. When I want subtle I use the swimjig, when I want aggression it’s the JH.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12