AVX 1880 WITH 115 EVINRUDE G2

Wanted to hear from owners out there with a 1880 and the Evinrude G2. Love the way it looks but hows the top end, hole shot, maintenance? Looking to purchase one with manual jackplate and dual powerpoles. Been a Mercury man for years but that G2 is sexy on the Vexus! Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Also, storage length online states 20' 9". Considering the setback on a Evinrude G2 plus a manual jack plate, how much longer could i expect the storage length to be? I ask as my garage is a bit tight. Thanks,

3. Member
    There is no set back on an I-3 G2 like it's bigger brother's. The I-3 G2 I have used on a few hulls now there is not a stronger, out of the hole, mid range and top engine 115HP I have run and yes I have pretty much run them all. This plus unbeatable fuel economy, best i have seen at cruise is 3.7K/L and as for maintenance costs, like all G1 and G2, the lowest in the industry.

4. Member
    Hopefully, it won’t be long before we see the first Vexus 1880 with the G2 115hp sold. The new motors will start showing up at dealers soon. I don’t expect much difference in speed compared to the other 115hp outboards.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

5. Member

RE:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Hopefully, it won’t be long before we see the first Vexus 1880 with the G2 115hp sold. The new motors will start showing up at dealers soon. I don’t expect much difference in speed compared to the other 115hp outboards.
    Have they not been offering them with the G2 115HP untill 2020? I was under the impression they were always available that way, but i guess thinking about it they may have been 1980s with the 150HP. Thanks

6. Member
    No, the Evinrude G2 115 HO outboard is a brand new motor just announced a few months ago. So, as far as I know there haven’t been any Vexus 1880s sold with one yet. It should happen soon though as a few boat dealers have reported getting the new Evinrude motors in stock recently. You could be the first! And I can fly for free so don’t invite me to test drive it with you or I’ll be asking you to pick me up at RSW airport. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rchalupa View Post
    Have they not been offering them with the G2 115HP untill 2020? I was under the impression they were always available that way, but i guess thinking about it they may have been 1980s with the 150HP. Thanks

7. Member
    Haha, Alright well thanks for clearing things up. I really think I'm going to end up with an 1880, G2 package in the next couple months. Since I'm in FL, I want to build mine with the aluminum trailer and the poly flooring for those days i want to chase a few Red fish instead of the Green backs. I would love to scoop one off the floor though, waiting sucks.

8. Member
    I'm in Louisiana and fish inland marsh. Ordered my 1880 with poly flooring and aluminum trailer. Was actually the first AVX ordered with poly floor. It's worth the wait if you're gonna catch a few trout and reds. I did some Seadek in some areas. Love the boat

Any pics of these poly floored boats?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Any pics of these poly floored boats?
    https://www.facebook.com/vexusboats/...type=3&theater

Thanks for that!

sorry to hijack the OPs post, carry on

12. Member
    The first AVX 1880 with an Evinrude G2 115 HO outboard that I’m aware of will be delivered this week or next to an individual who posts on the Vexus Owners Facebook group page. It will be interesting to see one in the field and to see how it performs. Head to the FB group for more information in the coming days.

13. Member
    This YouTube Boat Test video just dropped showing Vexus AVX1880 with the new 3 cylinder Evinrude G2 115HO outboard engine:

That's a great, in depth review.

Just a little food for thought. The G2 115, 140 and 150 all use the same 3 cyl. 1.9l motor. My guess would be a person good do an ECU swap and have a very hot 115. Note the G2 150 H.O. is the V6 2.7l motor. Of coarse that would void warranties but it would make a fun setup for a lot of different hulls that are restricted to lesser hp ratings.

This should help with your decision on getting the Etec.

Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Member
    I’ve been looking at the 1880 as well and probably going to be ordering one in January, I’m leaning towards the g2 115 ho. The last Evinrude/Johnson I owned was several years ago when they were owned by OMC, been a Mercury man ever since, but l’m really liking what I’ve been reading and videos about this g2 115 ho, the problem would be is the dealer I would be buying from is a 160 miles away from me, I have a Mercury dealer about 6 miles away from me, but the more I’m learning about this g2, I don’t believe I’m going to let it worry me, they seem to be a very well built outboard, plus they have a 500 hour 5 year warranty. They shouldn’t have anymore problems then any other outboard. I know Evinrude has had there share of problems, but I believe this g2 model has them worked out.

18. Member
    What prop is everyone running on their g2 115 HO?