Question throttle trim switch

Need to replace the trim switch that is on the throttle handle of my 2007 Puma. Has anyone done this that can explain how?

2. Member
    This is for the quicksilver 3000 type throttle. Not sure what type you have?
    I found this,

Just wanted to let anyone and everyone know that I finally succeeded in removing the throttle arm, though it was a bit more difficult than I expected. I think the problem lies in the fact that you can't see exactly how the neutral button is attached to the rest of the assembly. There is no lip or flange surrounding the radius of the button but it does have about a three inch shaft extending from the inside center of the button. It's the end of this shaft that fits VERY snugly into the cable box holding it in place. Pull the throttle back (reverse) about 1/4 to 1/2 way. The key to getting the neutral button out is applying equal amounts of pulling pressure on opposite sides of the button. Two small flat blade screwdrivers across from each other should work fine. Once the button is out use an 18mm deepwell socket to remove the bolt holding the throttle arm on. Now the arm should come off rather easily.
    The arm can than be unscrewed and separated.

Also a video.

Of course if your throttle is different this may not help.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

That worked. Thank you!

4. Member
    Also if you break one of those fingers off on the center shaft, you are probably OK. If you break a second one off, that cap is available at merc dealers and is actually one of the few merc parts that are not priced like BMW parts. :)
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Yeah I didn't want to admit it but I did break the tip. Ordered a new one on Amazon for 10.00.