Long term camping

Looking for a little help. I recently retired and myself and the wife are looking for a campground. Want to park are camper long term. It would be nice to be on a solid bass lake, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas or maybe Florida. Any help on campgrounds would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Member
    There are campgrounds on every lake.
    Decide where you want to go and then research campgrounds. At this time of the year there will be openings as some campers leave and create new openings.
    Probably most campgrounds will have trailers for sale on sites as some who leave can't take their trailer with them. Buying a used camper is the way to go.

3. Member
    I have a 2015 Heartland Big horn 3160el for sale on Lake Fork Texas in long term RV park if interested pm me for details Thanks

4. Member
    Pm sent

5. Member
    We have ours parked at a private campground here in N.E. Ga. ...our travel trailer went straight from our selling dealer to Sunset Ridge Campground in Elberton, Ga. and it hasn't moved since 2014...We love it there. We have access to Beaver Dam Creek ramp on Richard B. Russell within 3 minutes of our site along with numerous other ramps for Russell...access to Lake Hartwell in about 45 minutes....and access to Lake Clark's Hill in 14 minutes from camp...The whole aspect is ideal for us. The campground owner is very accommodating...his name is Mike...his rates are very reasonable for what you get...$75.00 per month for the site with the camper left on it permanently...then $20.00 per night for full hook up and no additional fees to keep our boat there in season...he watches the whole place like a hawk! There is a small in ground pool on site with separate bath houses for men and women and laundry facilities as well. A fish cleaning station, and two deer and hog cleaning stations are on site as well. We work and live about 1 1/2 hours away in Gainesville, Ga. and couldn't find a place to even just store our 34 ftr for the price of what he charges to allow you to keep your rig on your own site for. He also offers "live in" monthly rates which include full hook up...not sure on what the rates add up to...but his campground is always almost full....so that says a lot. Google Sunset Ridge Campgrounds in Elberton Georgia for contact info and pictures of deer harvest, hog harvest, and fish harvest (some actually show "me" in the fishing section)....crappie, large mouth, striper, and spotted bass are abundant....deer and hog are everywhere...along with turkey...all accessible on Army Corps. land with a simple hunting license and a boat to travel to and from...For now it is considered "uncrowded" and ramps abound with easy access and virtually no waiting lines...my biggest large mouth on Russell so far is only 6.5...biggest crappie 3.5 lbs...biggest striper 20 lbs...biggest spotted bass 3.75 lbs...Hope this helps give you an option! Best of luck...

6. Banned
    Most of the lakes around here do not allow long term. I believe they have a 90 day max and only off-season. Anything around here that's long term is somewhere where the lot lizards roam and the blackfoots are plentiful.

Lake Fork has a fair amount of longterm parks. Rayburn and Toledo Bend as well.

8. Member
    PM sent to Hart Hammer