Networking HDS carbon to HDS touch

I recently purchased an HDS Carbon 9 with a 3 in 1 transducer. Can I intall this setup and run an Ethernet cable from my carbon to my current HDS 7 touch gen 2 and get sonar and downscan to show on both units? Thanks!

2. Member
    You can, but your Carbon will lose the ability to use two sonar sources at once. So you could us the 2D from the 3 in 1 but to use a glassed in bilge transducer you will manually have to switch over to it. The Gen 2 puts the Carbon into Legacy mode which only allows one sonar source at a time. If that is no big deal to you, Ethernet will accomplish what you are asking.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    So might thoughts are to install the Carbon at the bow. I would run the 3 in 1 transducer from the back of the boat to the carbon and hook up the 80/200 transducer on my trolling motor to the carbon. That way I can get down scan and sonar from the back of the boat (3 in 1 trans)or switch over to get sonar from the trolling motor ( 80/200 trans). I would then run a Ethernet cable to the HDS touch at the console of the boat from the carbon. I’m hoping that I can get downscan and sonar from the 3 in 1 transducer via the carbon unit to the HDS touch. Does this make sense and will it work?

4. Member
    Not sure you can get a 3 in 1 cable long enough to get to the bow. I'd just run the Carbon at the helm and the Gen 2 at the bow. Connect by Ethernet and you will be able to see the side/down scan from the stern at the bow. Stick an HDI transducer on the trolling motor and you'll have 2D and downscan on the bow. But what you propose would work too. Just kind of a funky install.

NoCAL
    2B112175

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Id for sure go with the hdi rather then the 83/200 as mentioned above that way at the bow your getting the 2d as well as the downscan.

6. Member
    If I run an hdi to the touch up front and the 3 in 1 to the carbon at the console, is there a need to run an Ethernet cable between both units? Thanks for all your input.

7. Member
    You may never use it to share transducers but for the map card and waypoint sharing, Ethernet is a cheap option and well worth the cost.
    2B112175