Motorguide Digital Tour breakaway question

I have hit enough things that my breakaway is getting weaker and weaker. It takes less and less for the mount to "give" and the shaft to be pushed back when I bump something. I know there is something I can replace to get this back to normal, but I'm not sure what it is. I will post a few pics of the mount shortly, so hopefully that will help. Any input on this would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Between the upper arm (when deployed) and the clutch there is a piece of thick paper that helps the clutch to work. Not sure if still made for that mount. Also, check the clutch and see how worn the aluminum is.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    I looked up this mount in the part portal and this particular clutch is no longer made. I will have to check later this morning to see if I have any in the shop. You might be able to make them with some Teflon. Just disassemble that part of the mount, as John recommended and see if the aluminum slides are grooved or smooth. they should be smooth. then use to old clutch as a pattern to make new ones.
    Let us know how that works out.

4. Member
    thanks for the help. I'll take it apart and see what I can find. Good thing I'm saving up for a new trolling motor since they don't make this mount anymore.