Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G3 Eagle 175 Bench seat replacement, I need advice

So after having the stitching on my bench seats start to unravel for the second time, first was covered under warranty........ I have decided to pull the bench seat and go with a more sporty "bucket seat" type of set up with a center storage/step console. If I take it to the dealer, it is going to cost me a couple of hundred bucks to get the same exact thing restitched and more if it needs replacement. I'm not honestly in love with the bench seat concept on my Eagle. It seems like it is a waste of space and I hate when my fishing buddy steps on the cushion to get to his seat to fish(which is how it unraveled both times). So I took a look at this after seeing a you tube video of a guy doing a replacement on his Tracker........329.00

https://www.bassboatseats.com/products/fs30c

Any thoughts and has anyone done this or used this company? I really don't want to spend 800.00+ on a factory set up. I keep my boat nice and it is a 2006, I figure these particular seats would match nicely with my gray carpeting and give me a little more room in the boat.
    Question everything!

2. Member
    "when my fishing buddy steps on the cushion to get to his seat to fish".....

I guess that my concern with the product pictured is whether or not the center lid would be strong enough if it were constantly used as a step.

I've read about guys making up a DIY setup to allow for that type of center unit. I imagine that they were certain to brace the "step" area sufficiently. Otherwise, the unit looks great.

3. Member
    My Eagle 175 bench seat is in bad shape as well and was just wondering what I should do, I never thought about this route. I like this route and the price doesn’t seem too bad. If you end up getting them let me know how it works out for you. I have maybe two months left before I have to put it to bed for 6 months so I’m going to hold off until spring before I do anything.

4. Member
    That center step up console is plenty strong enough to stand on or step up on. There has been a bunch of guys using them. Try a search in the tin boats forum.

5. Member
    42058944_10155860443422194_3243723124876771328_n.jpg Just ditch the bench seat. It's nice not having to jump over it to get into the back of the boat now.

What I did was get a piece of aluminum that was perfectly square and attach a stainless hinge to the aluminum square and the other side to the boat. Then I just attached the seat to the aluminum square. I dont recall the exact measurement but I can get that to you tomorrow.
    Last edited by G3Ray; 09-16-2019 at 09:59 AM.

6. Member
    I think I will go that route. I'm currently away on a family emergency but thank you all for your advice/responses.
    Question everything!

7. Member
    anybody have any luck replacing the bench seat on an Eagle 165, with something from BassBoatSeats.com? (preferably 2 seats w/ console)

My original bench seat is just about toast from people stepping on it...

Thx

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theteej View Post
    anybody have any luck replacing the bench seat on an Eagle 165, with something from BassBoatSeats.com? (preferably 2 seats w/ console)

My original bench seat is just about toast from people stepping on it...

Thx
    I think that is a can't miss option.
    I was going that route until I scored a pair of matching custom G3 bucket seats off eBay. I will order the console storage step from BassBoatSeats.com to round it out.
    Question everything!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    I think that is a can't miss option.
    I was going that route until I scored a pair of matching custom G3 bucket seats off eBay. I will order the console storage step from BassBoatSeats.com to round it out.
    Did you have storage under your driver and passenger seats? I don't want to give that up. Mounting a hinge to the seat(s) is the best option so they remain moveable right? TIA.

10. Member
    Yup, I have a cooler under the pass. seat and storage under the Driver's.
    I got it done the other day as I scored a pair of custom G3 seats in original matching colors
    and picked up the storage console from bassboatseats.

Question everything!

11. Member
    Dude....sweet!! I need to score a pair of those G3 seats. That's a rockin setup now, I want to duplicate on my eagle 165.

I had the same problem with my bench seat material coming apart and replaced it with bucket seats from Bassboatseats.com about 8 years ago, they are a fantastic company to work with. The seats still look like new and are very comfortable indeed. I originally had the center folding seat that became a step however I found that it wasn't all that sturdy. After almost going in the drink a few times, I removed it and just put a thick piece of wood on a piano hinge over the center hole. I like the center step and storage in the pic above though, I may have to look in to this, thanks!

Here's the pics from the original thread :

Before:
    6156885657_dac33dd74e.jpg

After:
    6157429460_201536a585.jpg

I liked the seats so much that I later ordered a couple of matching fishing seats for the front and rear decks.
    Last edited by Bub; 10-31-2019 at 09:55 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I had the same problem with my bench seat material coming apart and replaced it with bucket seats from Bassboatseats.com about 8 years ago, they are a fantastic company to work with. The seats still look like new and are very comfortable indeed. I originally had the center folding seat that became a step however I found that it wasn't all that sturdy. After almost going in the drink a few times, I removed it and just put a thick piece of wood on a piano hinge over the center hole. I like the center step and storage in the pic above though, I may have to look in to this, thanks!

Here's the pics from the original thread :

Before:
    6156885657_dac33dd74e.jpg

After:
    6157429460_201536a585.jpg

I liked the seats so much that I later ordered a couple of matching fishing seats for the front and rear decks.

Those are nice looking. I need to replace my bench seat in the spring. Are they able to match colors?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theteej View Post
    Dude....sweet!! I need to score a pair of those G3 seats. That's a rockin setup now, I want to duplicate on my eagle 165.
    I see you are from NC, I have a cabin in Granville on 20acres between Gaston and Falls Lake.
    I will likely be relocating there in the next couple of years.

I also really like the looks of this set up, it came out better than I thought.

I think the next project will be Sea Decking or Hydro Turf

I am trying to figure out what to do with the bench seats I took off.
    They aren't perfect, but they aren't in terrible shape either. I think my buddy's wife can actually re stitch the split.
    Question everything!

15. Member
    FYI for anyone who stumbles across this thread. I replaced the bench seat on my '06 Eagle 175 with a pair of BassBoatSeats dot com Pro Angler Low Back Seats. https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...31756043059272 The new seats are a little more upright than I wish they were but after using for a few days I like this set up so much better than the full bench seat.

I used the existing composition platforms from the bench seat bottoms and bolted the new seats directly to them. I will eventually trim the platforms and hinges down but for now it's working.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.44.03 PM.png

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimInAlabama View Post
    FYI for anyone who stumbles across this thread. I replaced the bench seat on my '06 Eagle 175 with a pair of BassBoatSeats dot com Pro Angler Low Back Seats. https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...31756043059272 The new seats are a little more upright than I wish they were but after using for a few days I like this set up so much better than the full bench seat.

I used the existing composition platforms from the bench seat bottoms and bolted the new seats directly to them. I will eventually trim the platforms and hinges down but for now it's working.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.44.03 PM.png
    Nice work! I’m looking to redo my seats on my 175 as well and I’m liking this route you took. Can you elaborate on what you need to trim? Can you possibly add a picture or two of what you’re referring to, so I can get a visual. How long did it take to get those shipped to you?

Thanks!

17. Member
    My boat's covered now and can't get pics but maybe this one will show better .... see the black platforms the seats are sitting on? That's what's left when you remove all the upholstery from the bench seat bottom, it's some type of plastic and plenty sturdy to use for the new seats. It goes all the way to the center and I plan to trim those down, and cut the hinges off, so that the platforms only cover the area under the seats which will leave the step between the seats uncovered, I don't like stepping down from the back deck onto the plastic. The seats took 4 days to arrive. Tan and burgundy was the only color they had in stock last week but it's a good match for my boat. Getting the four mounting holes for the seats in the right place on the platform was stressful! My measurements were just a tad off and I ended up drilling two holes on each one out a bit oversized to get 'em to fit. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Photo Apr 05, 6 05 23 PM.jpg

18. Member
    Ok I see what you’re referring too. The trimming down threw me off. I think I’m going to go this route, it’s simple and cheap and gives me a step in the middle so the seats don’t get ruined again.

Thanks for being the guinea pig, and thanks for sharing.

Quick question. You can still lift the seats and use the compartments below correct?

19. Member
    Yep, still have access under the seats.

20. Member
    Awesome thank you! I just placed my order, and got the BBC discount. My colors are the same as your boat, so the burgundy matches good. Thanks again Jim!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast