List of spinnerbait supplies

Can someone help me find a must have list of spinnerbait supplies like must have blades beads etc

2. Member
    Assuming that you have the body, to complete the bait and make a tandem spinnerbait I would need: blades, ballbearing swivel for main blade, spacer to go between the blades, clevis to mount the second blade, at least 1 bead and skirt material.

I believe that is all that i use.

3. Member
    https://lurecomponents.worthco.com/ . I use all Worth components, blades, clevises, beads, and swivels. Now just getting into it you aren't going to buy large quantities so you will use either Barlow's, LPO, Jann's Netcraft and like places to purchase from. When doing that you will get your clevis and beads but there are 2 things I consider must haves, and that is a brass blade and a good swivel, either Worth or Sampo. To make sure you have a brass blade just read the description, you'll either get a nickel plated (silver) or a brass (gold) blade unless you opt to get genuine silver or gold plated blades.

4. Member
    I found this article to be useful. http://www.bassdozer.com/articles/sp...t-blades.shtml

I would add that you should consider dropping the coin on a good set of round-nose pliers. They don't have to be gold-plated, but don't buy the cheapest ones either.

5. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

6. Member
    Find smalljaw,s video of how to lock a spinner bait blade. It is a great video.

What I've learned is that building spinnerbaits is much more complex than it looks. So many different sizes of components make it difficult until you get an understanding of what size is for what weight. I'm still learning. A few things I've learned is you want a #2 sized swivel and split rings. Don't but cheap swivels. It should be the most expensive part of the bait. 5mm beads seem to be the right size of you opt for plastic beads. Lurepartsonline has a chart in their catalog that shows blade sizes. Then you can order the right stuff to match a particular bait if you want. Another note is you want round bend pliers to get the right bend on the wire.