Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    All I’m saying is people should wait til eggs hatch before they start up fryer.

Stick a fork in FLW, it’s done! Jimmy said so.

2. Member
    Boyd is a smart salesman, made a small fortune. He will also steal your fishing area, if you are lucky he may share it with you since you found it, his life pattern.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I think ol’ Duckett was just mad because he and Klein were getting kicked out of BASS, notice how they said, “they had to do it now”. When you start a new league and your rules state that “the owners qualify to fish, no matter how bad they finish in 3 year’s”, well that’s just BS. But it doesn’t affect me, just gives me something to talk about here.
    As discussed, in many interviews with Boyd, after 3 years, the bottom 10 in the BPT will fall out annually regardless of who they are

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Style View Post
    As discussed, in many interviews with Boyd, after 3 years, the bottom 10 in the BPT will fall out annually regardless of who they are
    You and I have heard different interviews.

Have these rules been changed in the past few months:

Last edited by grout-scout; 09-17-2019 at 10:48 PM.

You and I have heard different interviews.

Have these rules been changed in the past few months:

That’s completely different. Those rules are for the Cup and Select events currently on TV but recorded last year. Those rules do not apply to the BPT.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    That’s completely different. Those rules are for the Cup and Select events currently on TV but recorded last year. Those rules do not apply to the BPT.
    You are correct, Sir!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    The weekend angler doesn't want that bullshit
    Real weekend anglers are tired of all tournament fishings bullish!t. Lol

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post

So, if Duckett, Klein, KVD or any of the original owners are in the bottom 10 in 2 years, they will be kicked out of the BPT/MLF? How do you guys keep up with this stuff.

I know I listened to an interview with Duckett on BTL and he stated that the original shareholders would be granted exemptions.

But if what y’all say is true, then I guess I won’t bash him (as much).
    Last edited by grout-scout; 09-18-2019 at 06:50 AM.

9. Banned
    Dang this one made 20 pages also. Johnny and Boyd will be so happy when I tell them about all the free press they are getting.

10. Member
    I really don’t understand why Rude196 catches so much crap on here. Some of you guys state your opinions & it’s all good, but when he states his everything goes haywire. I’ll admit myself that I like FLW & BASS & absolutely think MLF sucks & don’t even stop on it when flipping channels. Thankfully Hulu has the Bassmaster channel now. You all can give me hell now & I don’t give a sh*t if you do.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I really don’t understand why Rude196 catches so much crap on here. Some of you guys state your opinions & it’s all good, but when he states his everything goes haywire. I’ll admit myself that I like FLW & BASS & absolutely think MLF sucks & don’t even stop on it when flipping channels. Thankfully Hulu has the Bassmaster channel now. You all can give me hell now & I don’t give a sh*t if you do.
    Nothing wrong with giving your opinion or not liking MLF. He just comes on every MLF-BPT thread bashing them and just makes up crap about them. It just gets annoying

12. Banned
    Word is, today’s the big announcement day. Look for it to be announced on BTL.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post

14. Member
    The rules for the major league fishing are very confusing you have to stay up with them to understand them.

15. Banned
    Word is, today’s the big announcement day. Look for it to be announced on BTL.
    Your wrong grout...

Last night after closing the bar I stopped at Crystals (Cracker Barrel and KFC were closed). First thing I noticed when I walked in was that it was kind of dark. Well I ordered my usual and then sit down in a booth (said hey to another customer seated in another booth) and waited, looked at some text on my phone. Just then 2 guys come out of the restroom and sit with the guy behind me. They started talking about MLF/ BPST, how sucessful the first year was, how great it was to work with JM and Stan Kroenke, how their getting anonymous fan mail from lonely housewives with panties and bras, most said they hiding those from their wives, one guys says he gives them to his wife when he returns from the road, to spices thing up. Trying not to look like I'm listening I just keep looking at my phone. One guy mentioned that the deal with the FLW is dead as Irwin (thought that was cruel but still chuckled), another mentioned going after the ABT, Bassin USA or the ABA. Sound like he was just throwing shit against the wall to see if anything stuck. Well just then they announce my order so I get up grab my bag and turn around and they're 3/4 of the way out the door, didn't catch a glimpse of anyone face but it looked like the lead guy was wearing a red and yellow fishing jersey. Remember, I said it was kinda dark in the restaurant. I did a quick checked my order and they forgot to give me my fries, so by the time I get out the door they're gone. So I get in the truck and start home, as I'm leaving the parking lot I realized I had my sun glasses on... No wonder it was dark in the restaurant... Dan

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Your wrong grout...

Last night after closing the bar I stopped at Crystals (Cracker Barrel and KFC were closed). First thing I noticed when I walked in was that it was kind of dark. Well I ordered my usual and then sit down in a booth (said hey to another customer seated in another booth) and waited, looked at some text on my phone. Just then 2 guys come out of the restroom and sit with the guy behind me. They started talking about MLF/ BPST, how sucessful the first year was, how great it was to work with JM and Stan Kroenke, how their getting anonymous fan mail from lonely housewives with panties and bras, most said they hiding those from their wives, one guys says he gives them to his wife when he returns from the road, to spices thing up. Trying not to look like I'm listening I just keep looking at my phone. One guy mentioned that the deal with the FLW is dead as Irwin (thought that was cruel but still chuckled), another mentioned going after the ABT, Bassin USA or the ABA. Sound like he was just throwing shit against the wall to see if anything stuck. Well just then they announce my order so I get up grab my bag and turn around and they're 3/4 of the way out the door, didn't catch a glimpse of anyone face but it looked like the lead guy was wearing a red and yellow fishing jersey. Remember, I said it was kinda dark in the restaurant. I did a quick checked my order and they forgot to give me my fries, so by the time I get out the door they're gone. So I get in the truck and start home, as I'm leaving the parking lot I realized I had my sun glasses on... No wonder it was dark in the restaurant... Dan

That is one of the best accounts in this thread.....It was good that you kept your shades on as those guys might have recognized you and the info would quit flowing.

Plus Nutrition is mighty important one might get weak and delirious if you don't get that order on time.

They probably had security staff with them with all the BBC Bad Azzes out there looking for a chance to kick someone's Azz. You might have gotten seriously roughed up by four big dudes if you had pursued them out the door.

So it was wise to be concerned about the French Fries instead.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Your wrong grout...

Dan, don’t take this the wrong way, but I know you love some bar time. Are you positive you were in a Krystal’s? Reason I ask is because I have heard of such a person frequenting McDonald’s. Red/yellow jersey, big shoes, talks a lot, etc.

18. Member
    So.........It was and is just fine when BASS would come up with these exemptions and formulas to make sure some of the guys they wanted to stay around could continue on,,,but,,,If MLF does something similar for its loyal folks its not right and not fair. Just an observation.

19. Banned
    You guys are freaking nuts.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    So.........It was and is just fine when BASS would come up with these exemptions and formulas to make sure some of the guys they wanted to stay around could continue on,,,but,,,If MLF does something similar for its loyal folks its not right and not fair. Just an observation.

I wasn’t fond of it then either, I think many of the older guys needed to be moved out to make room for the newer fellas. If you can’t compete anymore, it’s just time to find something else to do. Some have talked about a “seniors tour” and I think that would have been perfect for them.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast