Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I wasn’t fond of it then either, I think many of the older guys needed to be moved out to make room for the newer fellas. If you can’t compete anymore, it’s just time to find something else to do. Some have talked about a “seniors tour” and I think that would have been perfect for them.

isn't that MLF? "extending the life of the sport". I mean, when was the last time Klein had several top 10s.....2000?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    isn't that MLF? "extending the life of the sport". I mean, when was the last time Klein had several top 10s.....2000?

I was gonna say that, but those young guys are kicking tail over there, the older guys just can’t compete with the youngsters.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Maybe all these tournaments are run during the week...I don't know. But this list sorta looks like a lot of anglers are using the format outside of the national tour level

http://scoretrackerlive.com/events.aspx
    Thanks for helping prove my point. Look how low the participation is on all of those "events"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    So.........It was and is just fine when BASS would come up with these exemptions and formulas to make sure some of the guys they wanted to stay around could continue on,,,but,,,If MLF does something similar for its loyal folks its not right and not fair. Just an observation.
    I remember everybody saying it was wrong then too

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Thanks for helping prove my point. Look how low the participation is on all of those "events"
    I'm not oblivious to that. I do, however, think there must be some kind of reason there are a ton of tournaments showing up on the list with no participants and no weighed fish. I assume the club or group wiped them out. There's simply too many blank ones to assume nobody showed up or nobody caught fish, and too many of those tournaments that are end of year, championship types for them to have all been cancelled.

There are about a thousand tournaments on that page (unofficial tally of number of clicks to page down, times number of tournaments on each page) since 2013 - for an average of ~165 each year. Yep, there are some double-ups and some "test" tournaments, so let's round generously down to 100 tournaments per year as being "actual" tournaments. From the company perspective, that's not insignificant. But I can see how one might think "well, that's for the entire country so that's really not that big a deal". But maybe try looking at it from a perspective other than your own.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    I'm not oblivious to that. I do, however, think there must be some kind of reason there are a ton of tournaments showing up on the list with no participants and no weighed fish. I assume the club or group wiped them out. There's simply too many blank ones to assume nobody showed up or nobody caught fish, and too many of those tournaments that are end of year, championship types for them to have all been cancelled.

There are about a thousand tournaments on that page (unofficial tally of number of clicks to page down, times number of tournaments on each page) since 2013 - for an average of ~165 each year. Yep, there are some double-ups and some "test" tournaments, so let's round generously down to 100 tournaments per year as being "actual" tournaments. From the company perspective, that's not insignificant. But I can see how one might think "well, that's for the entire country so that's really not that big a deal". But maybe try looking at it from a perspective other than your own.
    Looking at it from any perspective tells me it won't work.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Looking at it from any perspective tells me it won't work.
    We have 100 a week every week

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Word is, today’s the big announcement day. Look for it to be announced on BTL.

Who controls John Gill?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post

Regarding the discussion over tournament trails using the ScoreTrackerLive app/service, I know of at least major trail here in MN that uses a proprietary app to run tournaments in that format. https://www.classicbass.com/livewell-app/

It would make sense that other major trails are doing the same, using some other way of keeping score, or even that they have some other agreement with ScoreTrackerLive that keeps their stuff off of the main page. Not really suggesting that these events are happening everywhere as I don't think they are at the moment, just something to consider.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

11. Member
    Yeah and Classicbass gets what maybe 25 guys to fish them. His tournaments would fill his 50 boat permit every time if it was best 5 for what Scott is paying to win. Sure wouldn’t call it a major trail with the low turnout.
    Last edited by THOEFT; 09-18-2019 at 02:57 PM.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Hey, he using a dip net... Isn't it against the rule to use a net in the Minnow Fishing League... Dan

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    We have 100 a week every week
    And how long has FLW/BASS been running their best 5 format compared to MLF/BPT?
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBelter View Post
    I clicked on a bunch of the tournaments and most don't even show any anglers or results. The ones that do have 4 to 8 anglers. Not much more serious than a Friday night card game. Honestly I haven't met a single person in all of my BFL's and club competition that is excited by the format. Don't know where they are getting the idea that people are clamoring for this. Beginning to think that a lot of stuff Boyd Duckett says is completely made up based on the opinions expressed by the people I have fished with.
    It was a dinkfest for me coming in Fourth.
    http://scoretrackerlive.com/event.aspx?event-id=2566
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

15. Member
    Nothing new?????

16. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by EufaulaHammer View Post
    Nothing new?????
    Only 416 replies. Would imagine it will be 2000 before we get any real scoop. These guys like to make us wait.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    The ILF is the same format for the most part here in Indiana and it has been very successful, there are guys coming from all over the country to fish and the payout are great.

18. Member
    Man that looks like the results of my clubs MLF format this past spring haha. I came in 2nd with 16lbs, averaged just over 1lb a fish. The guy who won had 32lbs and averaged 2.5lbs a fish. Only one other guy caught more than 10lbs and everyone else didn’t even have 5 fish. The format was a lot of fun at the club level especially with guys you can trust. Trust is the biggest factor and we required everyone to take a photo of the fish on the scale just as insurance.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

19. Banned

Only 7 people fished? How many would a regular tournament format have drawn?

20. Member
    Only 7 people fished? How many would a regular tournament format have drawn?
    we have daily regular tournaments at my local lake, which is not as popular as others around here, and they draw 40 during the week and multiple 50 plus tournaments on the weekends. And we put bass in captivity in evil livewells, then weigh in bags, and then on a scale and put them back in the lake. Amazingly with all this pressure and so called delayed mortality the catch rates are still incredible. I don't get it .

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast