Trim bushing missing on 250 proxs tilt bracket

1bv735229
    Nov 2008xs L

On the starboard side of my pro XS tilt bracket that it seems like there is a bushing that's a missing between the ram pin in the tilt bracket. I was looking on a parts diagram and cannot find that part number for that bushing. I know on the opposite side of the tilt ram is where the trim sending unit is but I cannot find that part that's missing and I would like to get it replaced anyone can would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a picture of the motor but I'm struggling to get it posted up here.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Sesarch function>>>trim bushing>>>>click on this >>>>225 pro xs trim bushing

3. Member
    Parts ordered.. Thank you

4. Member
    note that it is pretty easy to install. But it is ALSO pretty easy to destroy. :) It is not a "hard" material so you have to be careful. Safest is to also buy a tai-lobe pin, remove yours + the tilt pin, then insert the bushing and then reinstall the tilt pin and the tri-lobe pin. I've installed two without removing that pin, but you need to go slow, tap gently, and use something flat and hard to tap against to drive it in. Make sure your flat driving plate remains at 90 degrees to the pin so that it goes in squarely. It won't go in crooked, it will bend/collapse. Oil liberally of course. And notice the "tap gently"

Use the built in tilt lock on the motor, and then twiddle with the power trim to center the pin in the hole before installing the bushing. Probably still easier removing the pin.

BTW everyone recommends using loctite to keep the bushing in. Loctite makes a locking material designed for this (as opposed to a thread locker.) I've seen a number of these fall out, mine included. After replacing and using the loctite stuff, it has not budged since. Not sure why Merc doesn't do this at the factory since there is absolutely nothing holding that bushing in. The other side can't get out due to the trim sending unit.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

5. Member
    I didnt have mine come all the way out but I’ve had it come out far enough,twice,to get buggered up. I keep a check on it now.

6. Member
    mine disappeared. Heard an odd noise when getting ready to trailer. Was the pin rattling inside the hole with no bushing. I think I used loctite 660 for the fix... Not sure about the number but that sounds right. They have several options, I picked what I could find.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

7. Member
    Loctite 680. Click on this>>>225 pro xs trim bushing......Post #2.

8. Member
    Very easy fix, applied thread lock to the outer surface and I used a socket that matched its diameter and slowly tapped it in. Made sure I trimmed the motor to where it looked centered first though. I noticed something was odd when I had up and down movement running WOT. Now no more movement.

9. Member
    Thanks for the pointers guys. I appreciate it!