Mercury mechanic in Oklahoma that y’all have had good experience with?

My motor has been giving me fuel system issues. I’m even thinking seriously about selling or trading it in for a 4 stroke. But currently I’ve spent 900 on it with a big dealers service center and problem still exists. Do you guys know of a good Merc guy around the OKC area? My boats down on Texoma right now but wanna get her back home. Thx men
    Danny

I've used the Cabela's on Memorial twice. Once for a oil level sensor that went bad and the other for a routine service...water impeller, fuel filter...etc. Both times were very satisfactory and fast as could be expected.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    larry smith marine coweta,ok. its a drive but theyre really good

4. Member
    Fuel system issues are always a PIA.

The head mechanic, Corey, at Bass Pro in OKC is great. He has master mechanic credentials. Only person I have touch my motor. Doesn't matter what boat you have, but they are usually 2 weeks out. Ask for him directly.

Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    Fuel system issues are always a PIA.

The head mechanic, Corey, at Bass Pro in OKC is great. He has master mechanic credentials. Only person I have touch my motor. Doesn't matter what boat you have, but they are usually 2 weeks out. Ask for him directly.
    Corey is excellent as well. I quit BPS because, for one, they are right downtown OKC. I hate towing down there in all the traffic. The other reason is, I never got my boat back in anything close to two weeks. I would usually take two weeks for them to look at it and then wait another week or two for parts or something. I've only missed one weekend each time I've used Cabela's....plus they're only two miles from my house and the traffic....busy there on Memorial Rd but nothing compared to towing down into Bricktown, especially with all the new development the past few years.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Bob Harter Services & Repair
    1213 S 129th E Ave
    Tulsa, OK 74108
    918-438-0044

I know you are in the OKC area. However, Bob is the best Mercury mechanic around.

Last year he told me he was slowing down..

Highly recommend Cabela’s in OKC. Have had mine serviced there several times and they do a great job. Jerry and Luke are great to work with and know their business.

H2O Sports in Stillwater has done good work on my mine in the past. I like how they tell you exactly what they found wrong and what it took to fix it ( if it was not obvious).

I had a compressor failure on my Merc last year and used Cabelas for the repair. I was very happy with the service there and will use them again in the future.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHerrel View Post
    Bob Harter Services & Repair
    1213 S 129th E Ave
    Tulsa, OK 74108
    918-438-0044

I know you are in the OKC area. However, Bob is the best Mercury mechanic around.
    Talked to him about working on a motor and he stated he was done.

Personally I wouldn't let anyone but Perch@Chouteau marine touch it since bob is retired.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Talked to him about working on a motor and he stated he was done.

Personally I wouldn't let anyone but Perch@Chouteau marine touch it since bob is retired.
    I heard perch was good, but I did not have the same experience as others. I won't bash him, but I'll never go back.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

13. Banned
    Hell since your boat is down on Texoma haul it on down into Texas and let Jay Smith (832) 597-2603 hotrod it for you.