Trim and rpm problem

Ok.so I was fishin wildcat Tourney last Thursday, at blast off everything seemed to be running great. Well I get down the lake and take off again I get up on plane and I'm about half throttle but my rpm gauge is showing 6200 nd I'm only running 45mph. So I stop trim motor up check prop everything looks good and tight. I take off again same thing . Now motor doesn't seem like its revving that high and sounds normal well I deside to trim motor up some more and while I'm trimming it it trim didnt stop like it normally does I think it would have trimmed all the way out of the water. Any help is greatly appreciated. By the way motor is 06 merc 225 optimax and boat is tr20 99 model thanks in advance..

2. Member
    tachs wrong mtr, has rev limit and warning for over rev at 5750, may have trim limit problem though
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Any ideas what would cause trim limit problems?

4. Member
    possible defective check valve in port side trim ram
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Correct forum for your 225 Optimax, be sure to read Announcement at top of that forum before posting - Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax