Lowrance hds 12 live rigging questions

Hi, I just bought a 12" Lowrance HDS live unit that was used. It did not come with a transducer. I currently run a boat that has (2) Lowrance HDS 7" gen 2 I believe with structure scan/down imaging, etc. This was rigged in 2015.... I am looking to keep both of those and add the new 12" to the console on a mount. Will I need to buy a special 3:1 transducer for the new 12" unit to get it's full capabilities or can I tap into my current transducer and get it's full capabilities? I'm kind of lost. My friend told me I need a 7 to 9 pin adapter? Not sure if I covered everything or not much of it at all! Thanks for any advice or for pointing me in the right direction.

2. Banned
    If you network your Live to a gen 2 it will revert to "legacy mode", I'm not sure how that would affect the lss2 vs 3:1 images but I've been told it drastically reduces the functionality of a live unit.

If you plan on running no more than 2 units elite ti2 is the best option. If you want to fully experience the benefit of HDS Live, personally I would change all your units.

This year I went from gen 2 to live and could not be happier. I find them easier to use and the active imaging is the real deal.