Does anyone have a 189 trx with power poles?

I am thinking about a 189 trx but am not sure the 150 will be enough if I put power polls on the boat.

I have power poles. Full tourney load 21p tempest in summer Im hitting 55-56. Full tourney load in winter and 22p tempest Im hitting 57-58. I usally run the 21p year round. The 22 is just a spare. I saw no real drop in performance after adding poles. I honestly saw more loss in top end after adding my ultrex. Went from motor guide to ultrex and that ultrex is HEAVY compared to the motor guide I had.

3. Member
    Thanks. I really want the the 175 but the dealer said it is not available.

4. Member
    Then I would suggest an 18/200. Same boat

5. Member
    I’m looking into that but dealer quoted that boat at $41600 with no options. That is quite a jump from the 189 trx.

I mean if you are really looking for speed the 189 w/150 is not your boat. It is not fast at all. Rides great. Fishes amazing but they are slow. My only complaint is my single axle trailer. I hate that thing. Other than that I am happy with my boat at the moment. lol

7. Member
    Really. What don’t you like about the trailer? My current boat is single axle and I can move it around the garage by hand. I have never had a tandem axle but my brother does.

8. Member
    I don’t need a really fast boat but would like to get 60 out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulloud View Post
    Really. What don’t you like about the trailer? My current boat is single axle and I can move it around the garage by hand. I have never had a tandem axle but my brother does.
    The quality of the trailer is sub-par in my opinion. The mobility is nice but pulling the tandem axles i have had in the past pulled better. I will say you will be hard pressed to see 60 out of it. The fastest I have had my boat with empty load p2p set just right and turning 23p tempest was 61. That is EMPTY load. These hulls are heavy.

10. Member
    If I could get the 18 trx for under $40000 I would go for it but when I set a budget for something I usually stick to it. I saw several 189 trx with a 175 last year but the dealer I talked to said it wasn’t available and triton didn’t return my email about it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulloud View Post
    If I could get the 18 trx for under $40000 I would go for it but when I set a budget for something I usually stick to it. I saw several 189 trx with a 175 last year but the dealer I talked to said it wasn’t available and triton didn’t return my email about it.
    I would look for another dealer. Someone out there has a 189 trx w/175

12. Member
    I have only found one on line and I think the boat is kind of ugly but I will keep looking. Thanks.