Thread: New G2 225

New G2 225

The Idiot that installed my new motor disconnected my hot foot and said that the one that i have wont work. He did that with out telling me also disconnected my trim on the steering wheel. can any hot foot be installed, is this a big job or is he lying to me.

You and your dealer must not communicate very well. The Evinrude E-TEC G2 has digital throttle and shift controls, often called "fly-by-wire." Evinrude makes 2 types of digital hot-foot controls and with a digital display on the dash you can also change from a hand throttle to the foot throttle whenever you wish with just a press on the touch screen.

FOOT THROTTLE OPERATION
    When the foot throttle is selected, the control handle input is used only for gear selection.Throttle
    control is only taken from the foot pedal position. During the power on sequence, the control will
    determine whether the foot or hand throttle input is selected.

FOOT THROTTLE CONTROL TRANSFER
    Control of throttle input may be transferred between the hand and foot inputs using:
    • the Evinrude Diagnostics program - see your authorized dealer.
    • the Evinrude digital touch screen display - see display user’s guide.

Control transfer to or from the foot throttle can only be initiated when the control and outboard
    EMM are at NEUTRAL idle (outboard running or not running). The throttle source selection is
    retained in the remote control.
    Last edited by SEAHORSE; 09-11-2019 at 11:10 PM.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
    The Idiot that installed my new motor disconnected my hot foot and said that the one that i have wont work. He did that with out telling me also disconnected my trim on the steering wheel. can any hot foot be installed, is this a big job or is he lying to me.
    Is it a normal TH marine hot foot or the BRP hot foot?

4. Member
    If he installed icon2 controls, the accompanying Hot Foot which can be bought (Floor or bulkhead mount) is one of the easiest installs there is.

The E-TEC G2 also uses the network signal for activating the trim system. It does not use the 12V red wire like older units did. Your wheel mounted trim switch can be rewired by a tech who is familiar with the Evinrude G2 systems and who follows the instructions.
    -----

6. Member
    My dealer is an idiot like i said . he never said a word untilll i went to pick up the boat. but thank you very much. i also did not get the display that you have ,mine is much smaller so i will have to get it checked by someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    You and your dealer must not communicate very well. The Evinrude E-TEC G2 has digital throttle and shift controls, often called "fly-by-wire." Evinrude makes 2 types of digital hot-foot controls and with a digital display on the dash you can also change from a hand throttle to the foot throttle whenever you wish with just a press on the touch screen.

FOOT THROTTLE OPERATION
    When the foot throttle is selected, the control handle input is used only for gear selection.Throttle
    control is only taken from the foot pedal position. During the power on sequence, the control will
    determine whether the foot or hand throttle input is selected.

FOOT THROTTLE CONTROL TRANSFER
    Control of throttle input may be transferred between the hand and foot inputs using:
    • the Evinrude Diagnostics program - see your authorized dealer.
    • the Evinrude digital touch screen display - see display user’s guide.

Control transfer to or from the foot throttle can only be initiated when the control and outboard
    EMM are at NEUTRAL idle (outboard running or not running). The throttle source selection is
    retained in the remote control.

did you get about a 3.5" square or round display? How about a picture of it?
    -----