Falcon 195 deck width

I was looking at the 205s, but the 195 is at such an attractive price point. Is the deck significantly smaller than a 205?

2. Member
    https://www.falconbassboats.com/models

that should answer all your questions on the specs right there! Looks like 7"L and 9"W.....seems like a big jump up!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

3. Member
    Yep, see the specs, just wanted to get some anecdotal or opinions on users with 195s. Called Falcon today with more questions, very pleasant people to work with. I'll be taking a look at one this monday hopefully at a dealer in South Carolina. It's got a suzuki 200 on the back of it. Don't hear much about Suzuki's but the Falcon rep on the phone was adamant on how reliable they were. Says they had a pro run one on the circuit (not sure which one) for two years, and not an issue. Didn't even take the cowling off. Other people have said similar things, Suzuki's are pretty reliable and that's what I'm after the most.

4. Member
    ya im sure they are there on reliability....I know people have a little bit of a harder time propping them but over all good motor. I run the G2 and have had no issues. Strong motor and warranty until 2027 so im good! LOL
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

I’m surprised they’re not rated for 225 but I’m sure a 200 runs it quite well.
    Good looking boat..

6. Member
    I think a 200 will get a 195 close to 70? Maybe a little over with tweaking?

Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    I was looking at the 205s, but the 195 is at such an attractive price point. Is the deck significantly smaller than a 205?
    The front storage compartment is the same on the 195 as the 205.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1003256

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    The front storage compartment is the same on the 195 as the 205.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1003256
    Thanks, how many rods can you fit laying down each side of the foot pedal?

9. Member
    Good question. Interested as well. I can get 5 on the left and 6 on the right of my Z-7 then I have to start stacking, if it's more than that it's a positive for me. I suppose I can widen the strap but then I'd be stepping on rods trying to get to the trolling motor ha
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

I had 7 rods all with baitcasters on that side today, strapped down. Just have to pay attention to TM stabilizer with stowing. I can also, put 6 to 7 on other side and still hve plenty of room to move around n deck and flip, cast, etc..

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Yep, see the specs, just wanted to get some anecdotal or opinions on users with 195s. Called Falcon today with more questions, very pleasant people to work with. I'll be taking a look at one this monday hopefully at a dealer in South Carolina. It's got a suzuki 200 on the back of it. Don't hear much about Suzuki's but the Falcon rep on the phone was adamant on how reliable they were. Says they had a pro run one on the circuit (not sure which one) for two years, and not an issue. Didn't even take the cowling off. Other people have said similar things, Suzuki's are pretty reliable and that's what I'm after the most.
    Just for a fuller picture of Suzuki, search for a thread from (if I remember correctly) BassCatKev.

He bought a boat from a Suzuki sponsored pro, had multiple issues that cost him much of a year trying to get resolved. Suzuki wasn’t wanting to make it right, I think Bass Cat even stepped in to help a bit getting it resolved.

Just something to think about.

12. Member
    Though this was an isolated incident I don’t feel that it’s the norm with Suzuki as far as reliability. The company on the other hand handled the situation like shit imo. Though I don’t know the entire story

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Just for a fuller picture of Suzuki, search for a thread from (if I remember correctly) BassCatKev.

He bought a boat from a Suzuki sponsored pro, had multiple issues that cost him much of a year trying to get resolved. Suzuki wasn’t wanting to make it right, I think Bass Cat even stepped in to help a bit getting it resolved.

Just something to think about.
    Reading now. Every motor has bad stories, hopefully this is just an isolated incident.
    Last edited by th365thli; 09-24-2019 at 08:07 PM.