Thread: Falcon in Nov?

Falcon in Nov?

Thinking about planning another trip there in Nov the week of Thanksgiving. We usually go in the spring o summer and its been good, but have only been once in Nov the year before last and the weather was horrible. So outside the bad weather we just happened to catch, is the fishing decent that time of year?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Banned
    I have no idea but as it gets close you can go to TFF and read the guides thread, if they aren’t posting it sucks.

3. Banned
    Horrible weather in November??? If it was the wind, then you better not ever bother going back.

4. Member
    Really? wow..Ask a simple question and get a smart ass answer.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

5. Member
    I don't think he meant anything by it. Just making the point that it's always windy down there. I would ask on TFF though. You'll get enough responses to get a legitimate idea of what to expect. Don't put too much stock in what the guides say (just my opinion) and as always, pay attention to any advice offered by James (noweighers)

6. Member
    TFF is usually pretty good on info for sure. We have been there many times but always in spring or summer so wasn't sure what the bite was like later in the year. Kiddo should be finished with the turnaround he is on so we wanted to plan a weeks fishing trip..
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Really? wow..Ask a simple question and get a smart ass answer.

It wasn’t smart ass at all. Seriously, what was the bad weather? I’ll comment back after you say what it was.

Have you ever checked out James website from Falcon lake tackle?

First and only time I went to Falcon I almost sank my boat. Went up a wave and crashed down into the trough, wave rolled right over the front of the bow. Went up the next wave and crashed back down, wave went over again. Boat was half way full of water and we were soaked. Turned around and let the bilge pumps catch up and we got the hell out of there.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 09-12-2019 at 02:56 PM.

8. Member
    Cloudy, windy and pouring rain. Sry if I took that the wrong way then. As I stated, just wanted to see what the bite is like that time of yr compared to all the spring/summer trips we have gone there.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

9. Banned
    Call the man himself, he won’t mind telling you the truth. He will also order you a Mexico license, if you’re gonna fish over there.

http://www.falconlaketackle.com/

10. Member
    Haven’t been in three years, but made a yearly trip down there every November for seven years and it was awesome fishing- if you could get on the water. Most years it was a cranking bite, which I love. Caught 3- 10#+ fish in my life and two were from Falcon in November.
    2014 920/SHO

11. Member
    Thanks all. We are def gonna watch the weather and fishing reports. Weather was supposed to be decent the week we went, but it turned bad. 7.5 hrs of driving to stay two nights. FLT fishing reports are always on spot, and he is a pretty nice fella, we always drop in to buy something and chit chat for a few.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

12. Member
    7.5 hours for me too. Got to where I just planned according to the forecast. My schedule is pretty flexible that time of year to push it a week or two. You’ve got me wanting to go this November and start another streak.
    2014 920/SHO

13. Member
    I saw John Adami put up 19.41 on 3 with a 9.45 in a tournament today. He was done by 11:30 due to prop issues.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    I saw John Adami put up 19.41 on 3 with a 9.45 in a tournament today. He was done by 11:30 due to prop issues.
    I second this guy. I went on a trip with him, he put me on my PB as he said he COULD. This guy is top notch and very familiar with the lake. If you want to check it out I wouldn't hesitate to call john. I follow him on face book and this is true. You want to catch big fish, hit john up. Broken braid guide services