Through Hull issues

Backstory. Bought a used 21' champion bass boat. Boat had a gen 3 hds in dash. I also found a PDRT-WBl through hull glassed into the rear of the boat.When i bought the boat, the transducer cable was ran to the in dash, but was not plugged in (Likely a bad sign).

I installed a 12" carbon both at the bow and console, as well as a HDI at bow, and a 3d structure off rear backplate. Hooked everything up, including the through hull and took it to the lake for initial trial.

Everything worked great, except the through hull ducer. At first, it was working as should, then it stopped working and showed a white screen. It would show depth, then it would lose depth and bottom. It constantly went from working, to not working.

Anyone know what could cause this? I selected the correct ducer on instal and had it networked correct. Guess either bad instal from old owner, or bad ducer. Any thoughts? I will post pictures soon

2. Member
    Pictures from the unit. I tried 83, 200 and medium chirp as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    I would try another transducer and just hang it over the side and see if you get a good 2d sonar return...If you get a good return, then you know its probably the transducer
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

4. Member
    It looks like it's toast. I would pick up a new one and try it over the side. Get it from Bass Pro over in Manteca, then you can return it if the problem lies with the unit.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Hah, dueling typing
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    Interesting, i have a few spare regular 83/200 ones. ill give that a try thanks