Youghiogheny Dam > Walleye Kill 9-11-19

Now I'm not there personaly but my fishing buddy went today. He is reporting a large Walleye Kill. I ask him how many and he said it's just a mess. I ask him to send me a photo if he does I will post.

I will note that he said the water is down maybe 15 more feet from two weeks ago. I didn't go this weekend as I spent it with my wife.
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 09-11-2019 at 01:41 PM.

2. Member
    Any update on this?

And the Yough gets drawn down around 100' every fall. It becomes basically a creek/small river over the winter.

3. Member
    It was in the Somerset paper. I missed it for some reason. It said something about it being mother nature. I will have to get my wife to bring it up. I did go down last week to look and there were some really nice one on the shore and you could see several belly up in the water. I estimated I saw around 300 dead walleye. We didn't stay long because my wife couldn't take the smell any longer. I skipped fishing there this weekend.

4. Member
    I finally saw a video on Facebook this weekend showing all the dead walleye along the shoreline. Such a shame. So many nice sized walleyes wasted. This will take years to recover from.

5. Member
    I don't think so, that's such a small area of the lake. Think of how many fish are from there to the river.

not saying it isn't a shame, just don't think we will notice an adverse effect

6. Member
    Fished the yough Friday Morning , water level is down even more , put in at the dam , no more signs of dead fish , smallmouth were on fire , crankbaits , Chatterbaits , spinnerbaits and top water.
    Last edited by MikeFromMaryland; 10-05-2019 at 07:53 PM.

7. Member
    I was there Friday at around 11:30 I saw a bass boat just leaving the ramp. There were more than a couple trailers in the lot. I wanted to go today but my fishing partner can't back the trailer and I didn't feel like beaching on the rocks. He doesnt drive the boat either. My regular partner and i are going to give it a try this Wednesday, hopefully we can get in. Hope to be there around 9am