Question Images not same from Console to Bow

Hey guys. I'm not getting close to the same images from my console unit to my TM unit. I did buy the noise suppressors, as I know that's one issue I have when I hit the TM pedal power. But the other day I was by a bridge and the console unit showed me rocks and all kind of u/w structure. Go up to the TM excited and it shows me nothing.

I have gone through and set all settings the same and still same results. Also on the map it shows my projected path in the wrong direction.

Do the noise suppressors go on the power cables only?

Grateful for any help on this.

Scott

The ferrite rings go on the transducer cable near the display.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    The guys who do all of my installs put what they called a Humminbird choke in my trolling motor power cord. It is not the rings that most people talk about. It did wonders for me. I have had them put on my last 3 trolling motors. If you would like their info send me a PM. I am sure that they would be able to help you out.

The trolling motor power cord choke is the TMC-1.
    That is one of the many possible remedies for RFI, it had zero effect with the RFI I used to have.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Also Humminbird has a choke cable that comes with a XTM MEGA transducer or a trolling motor adapter for a transom MEGA transducer.
    It goes on the on-board battery charger lead to the starting battery if you have a multi-bank charger that does the trolling motor batteries and the starting battery.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...dapter-bracket
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I see answers to the TM interference question. But to answer the "different images" question, don't you need more information i.e., which units are installed, are they networked, where are the transducers located, which views are you using on each unit. I'm trying to understand heading sensors. Does his boat have a TM with an external HS installed? If so, could that be affecting his map's projected path?

They are networked, and if I am using the same split screen view on both. They are identical finders 798CiHD. I don't believe it has an external HS, pretty basic 2006 MG TM.

They are networked, and if I am using the same split screen view on both. They are identical finders 798CiHD. I don't believe it has an external HS, pretty basic 2006 MG TM.

Also I bought these from Amazon, thinking I needed to put the magnets on the power directly behind the finder. Is this not the way to go?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by countyrookie View Post

Also I bought these from Amazon, thinking I needed to put the magnets on the power directly behind the finder. Is this not the way to go?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Those are not magnets, just EMI/RFI filters. Don't you already have the PC-11 power cords the built-in ferrite chokes?

Where you install chokes depends on the path that RFI gets to the display.
    If you are getting it through the power connection, then you add them to the power cord.
    If you are getting it though the transducer/cable then you add them to the transducer cable.
    If you are getting it though both, you put them on both.

An external Heading sensor is the Humminbird AS GPS HS antenna, sort of obvious if you have that. It's a white puck about 3 1/4" in diameter.
    A 2006 Motor Guide would not have a Heading Sensor.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    How far apart are the transducers mounted? With the split screen there is not as much history to be seen so maybe what you saw on the console has already scrolled off the screen of the bow unit before you walk there to see it.

Thanks Jym!

How do I know where I'm getting the RFI at? I don't have an external GPS. I know the MG doesn't have the heading sensor, but why is the unit showing wrong?

I get interference when I put the power to the TM. I'll have to pull the unit out to look at the cabling to see if I have any of those chokes.

13. Member
    How do I know where I'm getting the RFI at? I don't have an external GPS. I know the MG doesn't have the heading sensor, but why is the unit showing wrong?

I get interference when I put the power to the TM. I'll have to pull the unit out to look at the cabling to see if I have any of those chokes.
    Our TM has a fuse in the head. We were getting interference and found that the fuse was blown. Replacing it solved the problem.