AVX 2080 Great lakes

Anybody using AVX 2080 on the great lakes? How does it handle it?

2. Member
    Had One up on Ontario this past June. Very pleased with how it perform in a slightly bumpy (2 ft rollers) day, but more than that might be a bit much. Bryan At Reynoldsboats. could give you more info on the days up there, as he ran it for the majority of the 5 days we were there. There is also a couple of owners on the St. Lawrance that have AVX's and he could fill you in on their feed back.

3. Member
    I’m running, well was, running my AVX 2080 on Erie this fall before I winterized the boat. It handles the rougher water fantastic. In 2 foot and less it runs very well. Anything more than that and you slow her down and put the nose in the air and it does well there too. I’m out fun fishing in 40-50 degree water and not trying to beat myself. It will get the job done. Had it out once in 3-5’s coming in with a buddy and we made it no sweat. Just gotta go slow and be smart ��������

4. Member
    Coming from running a guy who used to run an 08 Z20 before I bought my Vexus. I believe the quick responsiveness of that boat greatly helps the handling in waves as well. Especially the big rollers that Erie is known for.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldham20 View Post
    Coming from running a guy who used to run an 08 Z20 before I bought my Vexus. I believe the quick responsiveness of that boat greatly helps the handling in waves as well. Especially the big rollers that Erie is known for.
    When you can put the boat where you want it, when you want it, is key to getting through that ugly stuff on big water. I've only been in a 1980 but it will do what you want in an instant and feels like its on rails so I assume the 2080 would be the same.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    When you can put the boat where you want it, when you want it, is key to getting through that ugly stuff on big water. I've only been in a 1980 but it will do what you want in an instant and feels like its on rails so I assume the 2080 would be the same.

Exactly, well said. Never knew how much that quick response key.

7. Member
    I've been in stupid water on champlain with my 1880, I'll be at st. Lawrence and Ontario this year.
    It comes down to seat time in big water.
    2019 Vexus 1880, merc 115

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    And a 2080 is only 4" longer and the same width. I can't think there is that much difference between them...unless there is a huge weight difference.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldham20 View Post
    This is so true about the quick responsiveness in rougher water. My AVX1980/G2 has the Evinrude foot throttle and this throttle allows for instant adjustments to the throttle which works great in rough water. Agree it handles most rough water we find GREAT! The only time we slow way down (nose high) I notice all the other big glass boats are doing the same.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO