Exclamation How to tighten the seats?

seems like when i jump in my trailer i always grab the seat back and pull on it. I've started to notice they are getting a little lose, how do you tighten the seat backs? any ideas? 2012 txw 175

2. Member
    If you look at the flat angled panel that the seat backs are fastened to, there are sheet metal screws that attach the panel to the beginning of the rear deck. Although there are screws at the top and bottom of the panel, you can remove the top ones and pull the panel forward to access the five or six lag bolts on the back of the panel that hold the seat back.

Yep just have to pull that entire back panel forward. I had to do the same on mine. Mine had 5 lags on each seatback.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info, sounds like a ton of work but i might have to do it. seems like everything works loose from time to time, had to tight then trolling motor mounts the other day, found that 3 of my trailer bunks nuts were lose and another is missing and now it seems i need to tighten the seats. just happens and needs regular maintenance i guess from time to time.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    Thanks for the info, sounds like a ton of work but i might have to do it. seems like everything works loose from time to time, had to tight then trolling motor mounts the other day, found that 3 of my trailer bunks nuts were lose and another is missing and now it seems i need to tighten the seats. just happens and needs regular maintenance i guess from time to time.
    Seems I have to tighten bunk screws about every third trip. I put some sealant on this time and will see it that helps or not.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Seems I have to tighten bunk screws about every third trip. I put some sealant on this time and will see it that helps or not.
    any idea what size screw the bunks take since i've lost one i would like to replace it

7. Banned
    any idea what size screw the bunks take since i've lost one i would like to replace it
    I didn't measure them when I had them out. They appeared to be about 1/4 and 1 1/4 long. Remove one of your existing and measure to confirm.

Your guys bunks bolted on or lag bolted on? Mine had lags and i never had any issues with them loosening up too much. I used star washers on kine and switched to stainless. Wood does shrink as it dries out so maybe thats why they work loose some. I bet when they get wet at the lake they snug up again
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Its really not just a few screws pull the panel forward. And use a ratchet to tighten the lag bolts and reinstall. 10 min job.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Your guys bunks bolted on or lag bolted on? Mine had lags and i never had any issues with them loosening up too much. I used star washers on kine and switched to stainless. Wood does shrink as it dries out so maybe thats why they work loose some. I bet when they get wet at the lake they snug up again
    Mine are lags. About every 3rd trip, 2 or 3 will be half way out. Last trip, I pulled them all and put some sealant on them. We'll see if it works.

The holes must of been pre drilled too big or something. Mine never ever did that something isnt right.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.