Lews bb1 or lew team lite

Which one for normal use not crankbaits?

2. Member
    Both excellent reels! Comes down to a couple things really. Which one fits your hands better? Two different frame styles, size and weight. Price point, $159.99 for the BB1 and $250ish for the TLL. Other things to consider the BB1 has brass drive gear and the TLL has aluminum. Both reels have the same drag system. Work with both of em everyday and neither has any glaring flaws.

Tournament pro.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelDr View Post
    Both excellent reels! Comes down to a couple things really. Which one fits your hands better? Two different frame styles, size and weight. Price point, $159.99 for the BB1 and $250ish for the TLL. Other things to consider the BB1 has brass drive gear and the TLL has aluminum. Both reels have the same drag system. Work with both of em everyday and neither has any glaring flaws.
    I was also thinking of the bb1 pro but idk if I will like the wider handles. Also is the bb1 ok for every technique or just meant for cranking mainly?

5. Member
    No, it's good for lots of techniques. It comes in 5.1:1, which is the preferred cranking ratio, also a 6.4:1 and 7.1:1 for other applications. It has a 95mm handle that's the same size as the BB1 Pro just different knobs, but those are easily changed.

6. Scraps
    You can use either or. The BB1 has a bigger spool and bigger frame. I use them for most of my moving baits. One difference, the BB1 does not have magnetic brakes. For the price delta, I'd get two BB1s.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    magnetic brakes are where it is pretty much like a spinning reels drag correct?